Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
218451 tn?1274994552

I am tring to wean off morphine, please help.!!!!

I am an idiot. I have become a bi yearly drug addict. I was prescribed loratabs 5 years ago and fell in love with them ever since                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
I have gotten sick probably 8 times in my life just from opiates. I am 27 yr male who has bitten off more than he can chew.

Anyway, I was doing great, then all the sudden my friend gives me a bottle of morphine 30 mg pills. They are purple with a m on the back. He gave them to me because he developed a problem with them and wanted them out of his possesion. Little did he knew I was an struggling pill user as well. He figured, since I smoke pot almost daily, I hope I dont offend anyone, that I would want them.

Well 25 days and 2000mg's later I realize that I have done it again to myself.

I am ashamed of myself, I really need to seek some long term help because I always get off the opiates and swear them off for good, then six months goes by and I eat pills again.

I am currently weaning off the pills and Im curiuos on peoples advice. I was snorting 90 mg's of morpine all at once a day receiving a strong high. I did this for 15 days. I ve been weaning for days, first 80mg's, then 70mg's down to fifty. Then I went to 20 mg's a day, which was pretty hard I must say but I still slept. Then 15mg's then 10, and now Ive been on 7mgs a day for three days. I switched from the 30 mg morphines to the baby blue 15's. I am now taking half of one of those. How should I finish the taper, I have one 15mg morphine left. I hope I am not pissing any one off because off my reckless lifestyle!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
192332 tn?1189755828
Hang in there ! Your head is in the right place.You are way down from what you were taking!Keep on with it .Look at it week by week.Ok?God Bless
Helpful - 0
seem like your tapering fine. how many more days do you want to take the pills? divide that by 15 and then taper from there. you may be low enough now to stop and wd thru it. good luck ..hope to see your posts on how your doing.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.