Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

BEACH

The one thing that was misinterpreted from my words (Honesty-the most important part of staying in recovery) is that I am judgemental......
I believe it is being Judgemental..Because in all reality...We dont know what a person needs...They come here, ask for help and get advice...FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE......

Oxy I don't know you, how can I?

I think we do get to know things about each other.......I feel I have gotten to know you to some degree..and I have honoured alot of what you say and try to practice it in my way of life..To some degree...

What I do understand about many people here is being an addict and cognitive thinking results from being an addict.....

We also have to understand that even if we are addicts...That the information we give to one another is solid and really try to give OPTIONS......and for someone that is pregant and on pills...REGARDLESS SHOULD TAPER...YOU CAN KILL A BABY THAT WAY.....Ask ANY DOCTOR...........Ive lost my own children threwout my life..and I know as a women HOW THAT FEELS....FROM YOU STOMACH NOT EVEN A BABY TO LOOK AT ....ONCE....

Oxy since I have been reading your posts over the months you have been like a roller coaster at times......

Of course Im on a roller coaster...Thats a part of recovery...no matter what.......and yes I have my up and down moments..yet I walk thru them, being honest with myself and the people around me..Sometimes that honesty has come hard and I didnt want to face it and would try to avoid but the end result have been things that happen in my every day life...to what happens in the future and the past....

If you would like to have this forum about addicts telling war stories and getting pats on the back for tapering by cutting down from 20 percs a day to 10 a day I'll leave those posts alone and not busts anyones bubble.......

I still stand by what I think of...is IF someone is an addict which in all cases Im sorry I dont think some are...Some go thru deaths in the family and fall thur a crack and do whatever it is to keep them ALIVE.....even for one day..even if it was to be high, but when the reality kicks in..We come to the solid advice........
Another thing...Is this is NOT an N.A forum...This is an addiction information site basically and there are all kinds of personalities..here....and all walks of life..that though people do things that we may not agree with...and they may come back and whimper.....and get more information and chose to do what they do with their lives..They find something that will free them..For some that is N.A or A.A for some its church....but we CANNOT JUDGE.......if someone else has found God..even if they do a perc here and there.....for PAIN...not ABUSE....huge difference....
If someone has to taper...They taper....but we have no right to judge them just because they arent in a program...We just offer our hand and give advice on what worked for us..or someone else....and let the seed planted.....and life goes on..its DIFFERENT FOR EVERYONE.......

The young lady posting about she is pregnant and wanted to know if she is better off using Vics or Methodone....
But she is not a true addict..like those Heroin users or people who buy pills of the streets........
I guess my thoughts were what clean straight person would ever consider taking Methodone?

I have seen people in the program where something has happened and they were forcecd to go on a medication of some type..Some people have mental illness that yes, have somethign to do with drugs...but isnt their entire life

As for this young ladies thoughts on what an addict is...is mostly typical...Yet she asked for help anyways....for that...is a plus........and a desire...and I truely believe that we cannot measure anyone esles desire......

But I will concede to this oxy and others this morning I had to give a seminar at University of Detroit Mercy College as a guest speaker on Addiction in front of 600 people.......
There are some here who know me very well on IM and emails but those who don't you may think my words are to harsh, to blunt, to honest.....today when I spoke I was 10 times stronger than I have ever been here........

Granted.......Yet Beach, that is your life..Your beliefs....and Im sorry I have been around Addiction and speakers my ENTIRE LIFE..and just because you have that information..or you talk about that information...Doesnt mean that you walk it...totally different things, and yet I dont judge you on what you type, I listen with an open mind and sometimes I am willing to just accept that you are different then I...but to shun out a person....on a lol forum is totally nuts to me...its not the same in PERSON.........

I agree with one statement made new people here should be welcomed and given a chance to sit down......
Most of the time here I do try to do that......check back months with my posts.....or hire Tab-Dog to do it for you.....

Thats a low blow...Hire Tab-Dog..and your practicing principles? I think is a bit unfair.....Beach I listen to you and read what you write and in many ways I agree..and the stuff you share is only more wisdom for me on my day to day life..Maybe some of us do that for you here..but when you close your mind because someone tapers...I think is unfair.....

You told me once..when I slipped...That if you were in my shoes..You would have used too!!! without even thinking about it.......Yet I had that experience and I did I what I needed to do for myself and carried on.....You also mentioned once that if I came over with a bottle of pills that depending on your mood you would use.........Thats you
Let me explain that I keep litterally a joint in my room AT ALL TIMES...and when I feel like smoking it...I believe it or not do my own process of letting it go...I also keep a supply of a couple of pills around, I HATE MENTIONING THIS...because I think its TOTALLY unfair to others on this site.....Yet...I only have one when I am in need for pain..nothing else....Please tell me the difference...Perhaps I have a addicted personality for sure..however...Am I truely an addict? Would I throw away my entire life for drugs..NO...Im sorry I wouldnt..I havent....and here I sit.....with my own clear mind

One thing that one person very much impressed me with it was to this young ladies post...he didn't think I was on point and told me about it......then came back and said he re-read her post carefully and had a different perspective....

I also thank all the people who email me and post that they agreed or disagreed with my posts and many who have said your a wake up call for addiciton.......
And granted Beach you are...you are an amazing assest to this site..Yet your seem narrowminded to only one walk of life..Which I totally believe is judgment....
I just wanted to express how I felt, because I do believe this is my home here..and I believe that I am an assest as well.and sharing my experience strentgh and hope the best way I know how..and you do the same.....and when I think someone I actually care for and pray for another way of looking at something...I think its GREAT COMMUNICATION........even if we dont agree......Yet I dont feel you allow me to do the same...Which kinda hurts actually....Because alot of what you have said stuck...

Addiction is nasty would you use kid gloves with AIDS? Drugs seduce the brain with pleasures then takes the brain over and then trys as hard as possible to kill the body....wreck families......
Granted...NO one disagrees with that...But everyone needs a little something of everything and when we judge that quickly I believe can really send someone that isnt centred back out for another round? whats the point there..when we should just welcome each other.....ALWAYS.........

I'll try to be a little bit more compassionate in my posts....but my honesty will never diminish because if I ever loose my honesty I will relapse and use...because I will believe my own lies, start justifying to use because of poor me....to get to recovery if you are a true addict you must fight this disease with all your might or you are just lying to yourself....

And I totally AGREE WITH YOUR POINT.....However Key word being...If you are a true addict!!! I often wonder what that means lol...when I have sat around the rooms for years..and I still do today.....I know, I dont get HIGH TODAY.....
If that statment is directed to me about the poor me, and I actually dont think it is..but if it is...I dont beleieve I protray that to many......I believe I have been honest with myself..and well...my counsellor and some of hte members on this board......To me...Thats all I have to answer...to....thats just my opinion

And last one thing is for sure about addicts they all have very thin skin and are easliy offended.....the truth to an addict is like holy water on Reagan.......

Sure thing..and I agree again...Yet lol me pointing this out was my persecptive on things..ON life....Mine..NOt yours, and just like I told Marc..is I believe I have a right to voice mine as well as yours..and yet my approach has always been from a loving place.....for the most part....I do believe that

Folks get to recovery and don't let words take your focus on what is most important "not using any drugs >>RECOVERY

And are their any other OPTIONS...Like Counselling...Like a spirit....LIke God...Like children...Like a tree....Trust me Beach there are many walks of life...and I think that we need to take those things in consideration..IF an addict is lying to themselves that will come out in the future this I know to be true...in the wash..and yet...its their own journy process adn I just htink regardless of our own walk of life...That we should hear from other people....

tomanypills
6/14/2007
C8  bottom line the bottom line is an addict came in for help and was treated in a way that she"ll probably never be back,,,I hope she found help

And this was my point...................in the end......and its sad......That we honestly dont know the impact we have on other people...and maybe someone is taking your advice and using anyways....and getting all messed up...or that person is living life in really good ways but found something else that worked for them............Not everyone is an addict...or will always remain to be clean..without the N.A program..there are other ways...

I just wish that you were open to hearing from others..Its like you shun out the ones that you see fit to speak to...I watch your posts to other members on this board..as to me for say and I always never understood why you didnt like me..and I always wondered if you actually MENT what you say..when you say you wish all the best..IN my experience someone can say that as much as I love you and be meaningless.......I know I have done it too in my life..and at points where I didnt even realize I was doing it myself................

I Just think that its intresting how others think and that if we all shared.....everyone can find their own centre.....I do believe it is different for everyone..and I want anyone that comes on this site..to know that any progress even if it be from 20 percs to 10 percs a day..is an accomplishment and I encourage nothing else but to continue to drop down..and try other things..Just as I have..and maybe it wont work for them..but perhaps it will........So why not share it?

I honestly pray that you will find the willingness to open your mind...To something other than recovery...I have watched many people grow and I think that perhaps this could be apart of your growth too!!

Happy Thoughts and Prayers
Love
C

Im sorry if I keep repeating myself, something I do struggle with is thoughts...lol and how to express them..Its a tick lets call it, but I hope my perspective comes across....For I am a mystery yet...a living miracle I think too..
13 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I think communication is very important...............

but I still dont agree much!! lol

and its a waste of breath trying to get my point across when there are blinders.......

its not something I want to spend my life on...I know what I do with my life..who is in it..and Im Thankful I do what I have to do for me..and my growth and if I can help out some women even men along the way well that is just a pluss

Love
C
Helpful - 0
when i 1st started going to na my sponser said that when I shared i"d say " hello,my name is roger,i"m an addict ,thanks for letting me share" lol. not feeling " a part of" is a big part of my addiction . now , years later i share almost daily and have had many h and i commitments speaking at hospitals, prisons,detox centers,etc. it started with a home group that i got comfortable with and then the realization that addicts DO help addicts,i"ve certainly " earned" a place in meetings, and what to talk about? MY experiance, MY strengh and MY hope. in other words MY recovery,,its easy.i think the key is that i need to talk and i need to listen so i need people. religion,professionals, this forum ,na,aa,,,your way is the right way ya just gotta find it. listen,take suggestions,and dont discount anything that could save your life,,gl
Helpful - 0
a TRUE addicts drug of choice is more
Helpful - 0
I sent you another message in the thread didicated to you! Go on and read
I am sooo glad you get somethign from what I write, its all apart of reaching out and taking steps in the right direction..even if htey are babysteps

Youve put a smile on my face..! Thank you for that

Happy Thoguths and Prayers
Love
C
Helpful - 0
Oh and some of that is Beachs response to another Thread...I cant take credit in it all..There is some pretty amazing advice here given by many

If I can share my hope..with someone....I believe truth prevails before all else and sometimes it takes awhile to kick in, however it really does..

Hang on tight! YOur not alone

love
C
Helpful - 0
I do walk the walk Oxy and now I have the studies to go with it.........

A true addict is a person that chooses there drug of choice over all...like their kids, family, jobs, cars, etc......
Helpful - 0
216878 tn?1196037520
WOW, I hate to read alot, but i actually could not stop reading what you wrote.
You make so much sense to me...In alot of things you had said.
I feel by expressing your feelings is natural, and more need to be this way.
Just wanted to let ya know, Thanks for all you said...Alot of it really got me thinkin about my "Real Life" The one i am trying so hard to find again.

I am strugglin like hell right now, but givin it my all...This site has helped me so much, more than i ever thought could... I never thought in a million years that by talking to someone that doesn't know me, (The Real Me) can help me.
It's just so overwhelming to me...

Hopeless
Helpful - 0
You are so right!!!
Helpful - 0
217599 tn?1202850952
a true addict is anyone who has to go through withdrawels.  period.  your "exclusive" club is not going to help anyone.  I know that sounds harsh, but I know i am a true addict.  even though it wasn't street drugs.  my father and brother are alcoholics, and it runs in the genes.  i just have to be stronger than my genes, and from my experience with methadone, i never want to go back there again.  sometimes a person doesn't consciously choose a drug, the dr. does and doesn't give information about addiction.  all i knew about methadone was that they use it to help people off heroin, so i thought it was ok.  i'll never take anything again without looking up the facts for myself.   themethadone stole my personality, increased my pain, hooked me and nearly destroyed my family.   1 1/2 years on it was definately enough to get hooked.  real addiction.  only the person addicted can tell if it is real.  not some stranger on a public forum.
Helpful - 0
Hello Lucy.......

An addict is anyone who has withdrawls period.......

Wow.......

Is that any kind of withdrawl? Just curious........

It is nice that people are communicating.........I wish all of us here could meet and sit in a circle so that we could all see each other and talk....

That would be very cool.....

Helpful - 0
217599 tn?1202850952
don't quite understand the first part of your comment.  of course my mind is still playing tricks on me so maybe that's why.LOL   it would be good to meet the others who are going through this.  i guess thats what NA is all about.  my dr. suggested that I go to an NA meeting to share my success, but talking in front of a group is so scary for me.  I may do it anyway just to help.  i guess i am the only patient he has had that actually got off the stuff, and I am so fresh off of it, that i'm still feeling some symptoms.   yesterday i celebrated by flushing all of the xanax, methadone and clonidine down the toilet!!! felt so good.  anyway, I'm not saying i'm anything special. just trying to help others and make something good come out of this.

Lucy
Helpful - 0
I am just very expressive..and I honestly believe that.............Communication and talkign like this just helps each other grow..There are many spots that people can be in..and to show that you can have a healthy debate is a good thing, and actually learn to listen to one another

Iknow it was alot....lol I have had alot on my mind...yet I honestly believe that Beach is an asset here....and that there is nothing wrong with communcating from another perspective...........

I think Im in a very different spot than I was weeks ago..even months ago.....and that is been thur and heck of alot of work!! On everyones end

Happy Thoughts and Prayers
Love
C

Im also lol very stubborn and when I have a point..I really like to share it...I was told once I would make a wikked lawyer .....lol but I suck at english sooo, yea and Im not that lol direct and often repeat myself...Its a click Ive had...Consdiering I didnt learn how to read until I was 16 and thru reading books and keeping an open mind..I continue to grow..and i believe we all grow together....
Helpful - 0
wow......that's about all i can say.....lol.......best of wishes to ya sounds like a important/good/slightly stressful day for you! hang in there we're all here for ya :)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.