Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Beach and All

I have to let you know that you are still an "Ace" in my book!  Beach has walked the walk and then some! He may seem a little harsh at times but he only speaks from his heart with the truth.  He doesn't want to see any of us in this predicament! I at times have a thin skin and can be very sensitive and lash out but let me tell you, that saying "The truth hurts" couldnn't be more true!!!!  I HATE to think of what I have done, who l have lied to and stolen from, who I have mistreated or neglected (my children...my life) due to these damn pills and if it takes someone to kick my ass, so be it!  I know we need encouragement at times but we also need to face reality and not enable each other. Congratulate people when they do something notable ie. marcatj flushing pills! That truly was awesome but in the same breath, now how do we maintain our recovery!  I thought I had it made when I got to the 4 mos mark...boy was I wrong! I like to think I am a strong person but these drugs have me by the throat! I will continue to fight to stay in recovery once again. Just don't let yourselves be complacent with your recovery.  I am finding this so much harder than the w/d because I have gone through them more times than I'd like to admit! Each and every time I swear I will never put myself through that agony again.....NOT EVER....BUT The pills won yet again! So while we need to be there and encourage and support each other, we also need to be careful that we don't enable people too! Take into account that some people here have been successful with over a year clean time. I, for one, plan to listen to their advice, no matter how distasteful it may seem! Believe me, I've been on the receiving end of brutal honesty and yes, it did hurt but it was right on!

I'm just sharing an opinion and as you know, take it or leave it!  

Thanks Michael for showing a little tough love! I know I could use it!

Peace,
Marcie:)

To all fighting addiction. It is possible so keep fighting!
Peace,
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I think Beach is pretty awesome actually

I just think that sometimes............there is a time and place foreveryone and others journeys are not the same..and to clasify as an addict well that has to come from the person..not someone else ..........its a part of being centred....and that has to come within..NO one can tell you that you are an addict..............Thats self admitted...........and I also know that there are people in this world that have addictive personalities yet...arent addicts..yet they know how to kee themselves centred

if an addict is someone that took and took and only thought for themselves..thatn I dont fit there..I( have struggled with that for YEARS..and have talked to many people.and even though I say Im a junkie..in reality i have had many people tell me Im not.....and even though I have an addictive personality doesnt mean Im fit for N.A perhaps things come from elsewhere..and I think we have to be open to other perspectives...

other than that.................lol I have no issues with Beach nor do I judge him in any way, I just try to see another side..or an entire picture of the world...rather than just one way of life....

Thats all

Hapyp Thougths and Prayers
Love
C
Helpful - 0
I hear you girl!  You just have to learn to ignore what doesn't work for you and listen to the things that do!  I don't think Beach was bitching, he felt very strongly about something, people came down on him...now we need to let it go and move on.  I spoke up because he truly is a good person and has helped me immensely over the past 5 mos. I'm not where I want to be, but I'm a hell of a lot farther along than I was 5 mos ago, in no small  part thanks to him!

I feel raw at times too....we all have bad days and sometimes I get really pissed off at posts. There are a lot of assholes that try to dismantle the forum but Beach is not one of them.  He has been here for quite some time and will never lie or feed anyone a line of **** like I have seen others do, he truly speaks from the heart.  I don't know what happened with Tim today, but I'm sorry that he is upset....I've gotten sucked into drama before too. We are all on an emotional rollercoaster so drama is diffucult to avoid at times, but we always seem to to be able to get back on track.

Stay strong and don't get meet with your friend tomorrow,,,ok. You will be overcoming another challenge if you don't! You can do this!
Helpful - 0
you're aces in my book too, bro.

i'm new to all this stuff, but you really seem to know what you're talking about.

while i haven't a clue what is right or wrong, i tend to follow my gut (God) and hope it's right.  and like i said, it was a kick in my ass that made me stop, too.

i imagine we're all different, but again, it was the tough stuff that made me try to stop.

anyway, i guess maybe you/we have to guage each situation and do your best to help... while i respect everyone's opinion, i still feel... well you know how i feel about what happened last night.

anyway.. thx buddy.

xo-
mj
Helpful - 0
216878 tn?1196037520
I agree Tough Love works best...

But also, i see alot of people on this site that are very sensitve right now, And who didn't want to come here to be judged or looked down on. They came here for moral support and a shoulder to cry on. This seems to be the one place you are able to do that... In the "Real World" ya can't, cause others out there judge you and put you down, they don't get some of us and what we go through.

Just like with Tim today, others around him are judging him and laughing at him, he felt awful...Look he turned here for support...

Don't get me wrong, I am a believer in Tough Love, just wanted to say that alot of people here right now, just are looking for a shoulder to lean on and someone to vent too. If we are harsh to some, it could devistate them at this moment...and make them relapse once again.

I for one, am just here for support, not to be judged or bitched at...I get enough of that from others around me...

This is just me, the way i am...at this moment, feeling weak and really don't think i could handle someone giving me hell right now..

Hopeless
Helpful - 0
216878 tn?1196037520
I agree with ya really i do....

Just feeling a lil emotional today is all

Sorry

Going to bed now

and thanks for having faith in me as well

Hopeless
Helpful - 0
hey girl!!!!

how are you doing??? i've been thinking about you the last few days... is everything getting any better for you??? i'm barely on anymore, these girls are keeping me soooo busy and exhausted, lol....BUT i'm lovin every-single minute of it....

and Beach, i miss you too :O)

luv ya,
tink  :)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.