Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

got a letter today

As some may remember if you read my post from last night, I got "caught" yesterday getting narcotics from two different doctors.  I stupidly (stupid, stupid) filed insurance for the last year on all my prescriptions.  I knew better.  I still don't understand why it is the business of the insurance company, what happened to HIPPA?  Anyway, my doc who gives me the methadone and percocet was pretty nice about it when I saw him in the office yesterday and still wrote my prescriptions (God, I was ashamed). The other doctor who gives me #60 Lorcet 10 mg a month who is also an old friend of mine sent me a letter in the mail today.  It could have been worse, he just said the insurance company had sent him a letter, etc. etc. and he would no longer be able to prescribe the Lorcet for me any longer but would be glad to prescribe my Xanax which I take my once or twice a month only.  So, things could have been worse, but I am so embarrassed and ashamed, plus am going to miss my Lorcet, for one thing it helps me make the month without running out of my other stuff.

This is my question, if I do decide to go ahead and do rehab, does anyone know anything about the rehab facilities in Texas?  Any recommendations on which one to use or how to go about selecting one?  I have been addicted for at least 20 years, the first 10 on hydrocodone only and basically the last 10 on methadone and percocet.  Take 10 mg of methadone three times a day and approx. two percocet 10 mg a day, not to mention the hydrocodone I used to have.

Thanks so much.

Love, Cindy
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i am sorry i know nothing about this.  but what i have heard is if you go to the A&E website for "Intervention" they supposedly list many of the best rehab centers in the country.

i have not looked at it myself, but i think it's worth at least checking out - ?

that's all i got... i'm sorry. :-(

i'm hoping someone else can give you more..

ps - don't be ashamed.  what's done is done and guilt and shame only make ya wanna use more.  it's really ok.... we've all done it.  we've all been "busted" in one form or another...

all my luv,
mj
Helpful - 0
Thank you, thank you, thank you........................... why did I not think of that myself?  Of course, that is a great idea.  I watch that show all the time and always pretend that it is me getting to jump on the airplane and be whisked away to a new life.  I appreciate you taking the time to answer my post.  Two others gave me the same courtesy earlier tonight and I appreciate you all more than you can know.

Love, Cindy
Helpful - 0
and we.. you.  (it's a team effort!)

sweat dreams, lovely lady...
:)
mj
Helpful - 0
195648 tn?1231812118
I was always pretty good at charting out where I filled what prescription but I let a few slip throug hthe cracks.  I paid cash for the ones that were early cause at my worst I was getting pills from 3-5 docs and of course none of them knew about the others and I continued to justify it by saying I never signed one of those " Iwil lnot get medication from any other doctor" agreements but, well, you know.
Anyway, there was one pharmacy that filled my scripts no matter what.  I could go in with a script for 90 10/325 percs on Monday from one doc and then on Weds I would get another script for the same thing or for 7.5/325 percs from another doc and he would be like "Do you want to pay cash for this Tara?".  I mean come on....... but my thinking was that he was just THAT cool you know?
I never dreamed my insurance company could get involved legally and your story sort of shocks me and that ain't easy believe me!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.