Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Read in the a.m. - just a little somthin for whoever wants to read

... I wanted to share this all day, but I didn't want to talk about ME ME ME all day.

but i have felt compelled to write about it all day.  something happened this morning.  i went on my usual walk. it was a sunny beautiful day, i had my ipod on with my fav tunes, and i was walking on a beautiful tree-lined street (i love trees.)

for the first time in awhile, my mind felt clear.  walking with the music, the sunshine, the trees... and trying to just be totally present in that - it felt SO amazing, SO good... all i thought was "this is a way better high I ever got from drugs."  and I felt God with me the whole time.  it's hard to explain if you have never felt that presence - that connectedness to everything good and pure.  joy.

anyway, i think that is why today of all days i could do what i did (some of you know.)

so... there's my lil tidbit.  give it a shot if you like.  all i can tell you is it was the most amazing feeling... staying totally present in the beauty of ... all of it.

(that's not to say i won't be on the news tomorrow robbing a pharmacy!!)

but seriously... today, it was a true gift.  give it a shot.

:-)
mj

ps - even better news - IT SEEMS LIKE HOELESS IS SLEEPING!!!!! :-) !!!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
What a wonderful day in your recovery!  I have had days like that too already.  everything seems real again.  I can take the time now to enjoy...well...everything again!  I have used my ipod for my baths and it is so wonderful.  Very relaxing.

Hug,

Shelby
Helpful - 0
I have been there before actually and after feeling cloudy for any length of time that moment of clarity is rejuvenation.
I also have bouts with depression and when I have those great moments I make sure I mark them in my memory so when things get really bad...... I have those moments to remember and say.... things WILL get better.  
I need one of those moments soon........
congrats on it!
Helpful - 0
i bet you have one sooner than you think... :-)

I'm wishing you a big fat one today, sister!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.