Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Emotional pain

The physical pain was bad but now I am feeling depressed - not suicide depressed but so down.  It varies minute by minute.  I am just so tired emotionally.  I just need help.  At this moment I do not want to feel.  I hate to complain...I know this is a process but I feel very alone right now.  It's ridiculous too.  Few minute's ago I was fine.  I just want to cry - to someone who understands.  My family not knowing does not help.  God I hate this.  

Shelby
13 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
why not cry... just cry. get it out.

i said this earlier in a post, but these feelings - this sadness - it is not bottomless. do you undestand what i mean?  you are only gonna go so far down, then it turns bakc around.  feelings cannot kill you, and again, they are NOT bottomless.

you are gonna be ok. I PROMISE. God i know how you feel...  i am not trying to lessen what you feel right now, but i promise it is going to pass, and soon.  if you gotta feel it - i know, easy for me to say - but let it go. cry it out.  IT'S GOING TO PASS.

i SOOOOO know how you feel!!!!  

baby girl.. you are going to be just fine...

what can i do....
Helpful - 0
By what you have just posted and being here for me has done more then you know.  I will let it out...I just have too.  Your right I will only fall so far.  You are my angel mj!  

Thank you so much you dear sweet angel!

Shelby
Helpful - 0
doll, it's my pleasure.

do you want me to stay up with you?  i will...
Helpful - 0
No, you need you rest.  I let some tears fall and I am feeling a bit better.  I wish I could tell you what your offer means to me though.  You are amazing.  I am sure you are dealing with your own problems too!  Thank you again mj.  You helped me so much.  I want to put into words how much I appreciate it but there are no words.

Hugs,

Shelby
Helpful - 0
202347 tn?1189755825
I'm pretty sure that's why we call them emotions, we usually don't have words to express them. MJ is totally right abour letting it out. It's like lancing an abcess, physically something needs to get out that is trapped and will infect the entire body until it becomes septic and dies if it isn't treated. Especially in withdrawal, these feelings can be the emotional equivalent of an abcess, it hurts like all hell to get an abcess cut with a scalpel and squeezed to let all the bacteria out just like it hurts like all hell to cry, but once it slows, this sort of calm starts to surround you and fill you because you are beginning to heal. Just like that yukky abcess after it has been drained. Not a pretty analogy but the feelings you have right now aren't pretty. I was on my way to a party but this is hollywood, every night someone is having a party, you need someone to talk to I'm here.

xoxo- D.
Helpful - 0
well doll, you may need to hold me up tomorrow.  it's just the way it works.

(and if you still feel cruddy at all - write it out.  journal it.  i also purge my pain with my pen, and my God how it helps... and i find answers too!)

sweet dreams love.... tomorrow will be a new and wonderful day.  it's going to be great for you.

xoxox
me!
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
Shelby,

I received you email, and repied!

I'm pulling and praying for you, so check your emails okay sweetie!

God Bless!

Love ya,

Todd
Helpful - 0
Hey Todd,

Hope you don't mind being called that, for all I know it is your last name.

Anyway, just a note to say glad you decided not to leave, that was your note below right?  I was glad to see you post.  It seems to be the "norm" around here, someone deciding they need to leave and then very rapidly changing their minds.. I know that I, myself, have had the same thoughts, especially lately.  I guess it really is that our emotions are just a mess at this point in our lives.  So, I assume you are feeling better and very glad.

Love, Cindy
Helpful - 0
Dear Shelby, please excuse my rudeness.  I posted to Todd above when this post was originated by you.  I was just surprised and glad to see that Todd had decided not to leave and got carried away.  But I do want to say that I hope you are feeling better.  You have been so sweet to me in the last few days and I appreciate you more than you can know.  Hey, know what I do when I am thinking of my husband?  I get out my "Christy" videos or "Dr. Quinn", anything to get my mind off of my old life.  Television and my meds have become my best friends - neither one though has actually been that good of a friend come to think of it!  But I am thinking of you Shelby, I hope your day is better than your night has been.

P.S.  My granddaughter, McKensie Marie, came very close to being a Shelby Marie!

Love, Cindy
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
Hi there,

No, Todd is my real name (but my middle). My dad always used my my middle name since I was 1 years old, so I grew up as my name being Todd, even though it is my middle name. It feels wierd, when I use my first name, because I always go by Todd. Thats why my ID "K Todd".

But as far as the post below, yes that was mine. I am just taking a few minutes to reply to couple of friends, like I said in the post. It's not like I posted that, and changed my mind in 30 minutes. Just supporting a couple freinds, thats all.

But for the most part, I still do need more time, to catch up with work, my bible studies, and of course my recovery.

I am feeling better with a very clear head. That is why I left the post below, so that anyone New here, doesn't get slammed for asking a simple question. I would never want to see any non sense drama, weaken or loose their recovery, because they came to the right place but just was "clueless" on a matter - to only get slammed!

That is why I put it out there for the sake of others.

Thanks for your reply, and encourgement!

Love,

Todd
Helpful - 0
aww big hugs..i just started the up;s n down's yesterday. i dont think there is a fix but im just going with my emotions..if i get mad i go outside and get mad..if i cry i cry.. then when i feel better i laugh about it...and thats not normal either , i dont think. most of mine had been stress the past cpl days..just dealing with ppl. then last night i was all tears..thinking about different things that happened the past 3 yrs and so on. but it felt good to cry and get it all out. just roll with the emotions im sure this will also stop sometime also. i hope today is better for you.
Helpful - 0
If you should choose to journal I think you will find it very helpful.. I have found answers through the writing process that were so burried in my wacky little head.   When I first kicked street drugs, 20 yrs ago, I went to a convention (NA) where I heard one of the speakers say that when we are feeling depressed that we should write until we uncovered the "fear".  He said all negative emotions stem from some type of fear, including sadness, anger, jealousy, all those feelings that make us feel bad.   Once we uncover the fear, he said, figure out what we would do in the "worse case scenario" if that fear should come to pass (usually wouldn't happen) and once we have a plan of action for that event, what is there to worry about?
I personally would find that I was worried about something that had little chance of happening.

I don't know if this makes sense or not or if I'm explaining it well.  But I do know that I have used this method many times and it works.

Take care sweetie, you are in my thoughts.
Helpful - 0
I posted you a few threads down. I know what you mean by your emotions being all over the place. I am in the same situation. Please hang in there for me lovey!!!

((((((((((((Shelby))))))))))))

Tim
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.