Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

tim, alex, anyone

Ok all during my wd's i had a stuffy head with the sneezing right..well i figured that was wd's..now on day 13 i still have a stuffy or runny nose and sinus pressure. it wrecks my head,
not to sound silly but..by now i should be over all the head stuff too, right? if this is a sinus infection i need some antibiotics. But if this lasts out this long..ill wait it out.
just wondering if you had this problem still or at all.
thanks and i hope you all are doing better today and that today is a great day for everyone.
13 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
man its the withdrawals trust me.  If you were on a lot of f*&king s*&t its then 13 days is not going to be back to normal.  I was sick for a long a** time your going to feel runny noses headaches, breathing problems, the whole nine yards for at least a month if you were on a high dose of opiates.  you can kick it though.
Helpful - 0
yup, ive has symptoms for 30 days +, they get less, but theyre there.
Helpful - 0
I was up to 12 days and still had sneezing and stuffy head.  Like I was getting allergies.  NOt enough to keep me from my daily activities but just enough to bother me a bit.
Helpful - 0
what and how much were you on?
Helpful - 0
K thanks, my hubby has a head cold and he hasnt ever used drugs..
i had mowed in some weeds and couldnt really seperate what was what on that one. thanks..for the info..sometimes ya just gotta ask ya know
Helpful - 0
i dont know what i was taking is the truth,
i was buying pain pills from a guy who new a guy for my back pain for about 3.5 years.
different weeks the pills looked different and were stronger/ weaker?
if my back was bothering me, id take a pill, they worked, i was able to function but quitting them was a byatch!  30+ days now completely clean, still not 'right' but much betta!
Helpful - 0
I was just wondering because I'm taking less then I was before but I was still feeling pretty heavy at 2 months clean so I was wondering how long it will take me this time since I'm down to about two to tree eighty mgs a day.
Helpful - 0
Good morning!

You are almost at the point where the symtoms will subside. They are miserable, aren't they? I am now on day 22 and feel very well physically. The mental portion is the toughest. We will get through this and be much better for it. Please just hang in there!! Thinking and praying for you.

Hugs to ya,
Tim
Helpful - 0
Thanks and good morning to you.
13 days and im not going back. Trust in that. i remember the first few days and there is no way im going thu that again. im taking this day by day and dealing with things head on trying to push forward. just the lil things like the head stuff is getting annoying. the usual day of energy then the next one wiped out lol. but everyday i have made myself more n more. if it wasnt for this forum and you guys..id been lost lost lost. i went back last night and read my first post and i kept reading thru them and seen a huge difference in days.
im not really posting as much now..im kinda lurking. but here none the less.
Tim, your doing great.you find one day you will wake up and everything will make sense and a sense of peace will be there. your stronge enough to make is this far i believe you will push on to the finish line pal.
have a good day and thanks
Helpful - 0
You are a real sweet lady. I am only posting to people that have my best interests at heart. I thank you for all your help and appreciate your kindness. I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. God Bless you.

Hug to ya,
Tim
Helpful - 0
214607 tn?1287677559
I am on day 25 and still have a runny nose and sneeze about 50 times a day. Believe me, it is still W/D..,.....lol...

Good luck to you and congrats on 13th day....

Lisa
Helpful - 0
... you know, even before i quit - i was at the pharmacy, of course, getting vic's - i asked the pharmacist (oh, since i'd been there a few times for the same thing, better make casual convo right?)  but i digress.. anyway, i asked him if EVERYONE is complaining of sneezing, fatigue, stuffy heads, blah.  he said it is the most complained about thing to him every day because it's the worst allergy season on record.  he hears it all day long..

maybe it plays a part?  just tossin' it out there...
Helpful - 0
217599 tn?1202850952
i found that a low dose of over the counter decongestant helped me enough that i could sleep.  i am one of those people who panics with a stuffy nose.  maybe some nasal spray?  if it will make you more comfortable, and keep it from turning into an infection.  don't need that!

Lucy
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.