Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Hello!

I've been away for a short while. My herniated disc erupted suddenly and I was in severe pain for a few days. Had to lay in bed most of the time. My doctor suggested various forms of pain killers, mostly addictive and I refused them all relying on Tylenol Extra Strength to do the job. That,along with a heating pad, gradually lessened the pain and now I am almost fully functional again. I made the mistake of picking up my grandaughter who weighs about fifty pounds or so and paid the price for my stupidity. I should have known better but when a grandchild runs to you, you automatically reach and lift. I have not neglected anything here other than not posting. I have read much of what is here and have seen some disruptions and malicious intent. I must say that I am proud of the way you are all handling adversity here. You have shown that too much reaction to malicious postings is not the way to go. I think this site is maturing and soon anyone who attempts to upset the balance here will find themselves on the outside looking in. I was always quick to jump on anyone who attempted to stir up trouble her and found that it was a mistake to do so. I should have just ignored it and not given it substance by reacting to it. Any how I am happy to see that common sense is prevailing here. Way to go people, way to go.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I neglected to say "Welcome" to all you newcomers that I see here.  Stay the course people and let nothing stand in your way as you move towards the successful completion of your goal.
Helpful - 0
Hello Mangee,

We have not met.  I am a newbie.  Came here on my 2nd day of detox.  I am now 16 days clean.  If it wasn't for this site I am not sure where I would be.  Correction the people on this site.

Would love to hear your story if you feel like sharing.

Shelby
Helpful - 0
Hi Mannie, sorry to hear you had a little setback.  How hard it is to resist picking up the little ones. I still carry my 5yr old because she is my youngest and it's hard to see her grow so fast. Probably not the best thing for me to do either!  

It's very good to hear from you again and I hope you are on the mend!  You are a strong man for refusing narcotics....kudos to you!

Peace,
Marcie:)
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
mannie...you have been missed around here.

i hope that you are back to your "old" self again (hehe)...and soon.   i hope that you have at least been reading and keeping up with everything that has been going on.

get better soon mannie :)

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.