Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
182493 tn?1348052915

Day one...well 20hours..but who is counting??

Good afternoon folks. I was sorry to see there was still some drama going on today. It is such a good day for me.. I felt bad knowing that it continued from last night. But.. what can I do.. I just stay the heck outta it. I am here for much different reasons.
So today was good.. I started out not sleeping great last night and tossing and turning.. sweaty, cold.. but when I got up and moving I felt better.. weird. But my work day was fine. I was too busy to get lunch and take my aminos so I am doing it a bit late today..and I am gonna up my one today to the higher dose to see if that helps me sleep.
Tonight I will write up the Sub stuff fishmeal and a few others were asking about. I have time then and I will be home alone tonight. I am also gonna follow this post with my story so if anyone relates they can see that getting to the first day can be done.. It was always the hardest for me.. getting to day one. Actually stopping.. I am sure their are others who can relate..
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182493 tn?1348052915
So.. it went like this.. At age 15 I graduated from pot/LSD/and drinkin 40's to coke/heroin/crack. Within 6 months I was using both coke and heroin IV and was drug running with an older crowd. Small town girl, big city dreams. HA. We drove back and forth from the Badlands in Philly to a small rural town with lots of drugs and sometimes guns.  by 17 I was in my first rehab...and my second. At 18 I was in my 3rd and was told by a drug counselor and a member of the DEA that I could either go to a half way house of their choice or get endited on federal drug charges..  I choose the half way house. Believe it or not.. they sent me to Philly??  So 3 months into the half way house program I met a guy.. a older guy.. with some time "sober" dry was more like it. And I rolled outta that place. Within 6 months I was doing dope again. The "sober'' guy thought he could save me.. but was a jerk in the process.  It took waking up in my car.. off of 16th and Lehigh in Philly. I weighed 80 lbs my hair was falling out. And I was starting to look yellow.  I made the call... the call for help. Luckiy my gram took me in.. well she had alterier motives I later found out.. I was being supenoed on the drug trafficking charges.. they said if I cooperated they would send me to a great rehab and help me get my life back..  I willl admit it. I sang like a canary. I went to treatment. Left. Got a sponser. Got a coffee job at a meeting. A year long coffee comittment. Which I fulfilled every Saturday. I later became the secretary of that group. I stayed clean for 2 year and then got a job working as a addiction tech at a rehab I had once been a patient. I ran group, did intakes, strip searches, room searches. and drove people home.  I stayed there almost 3 years. I packed up and moved to FL in 2002. I was clean for almost 6 years when I found out I needed to have surgery.. wisdom teeth had grown down instead of out and wrapped around my jaw.. Ouch.  I should have known better. So off I went.. to the pharmacy that is. Didin't take long before I was in over my head. a few weeks at the most. then complications with my mouth.. bad back.. etc.. 2 and half years later as I was running out of pills again.. I came here it was Feb this year.. struggling.. It took me a while to get it together.. anyway.. after tapering down from at one time either 6-10 vicodin or percaset a day or 3 30mg roxy's.. I still had a hard time stopping completely. So last week I went to a Sub doc.. and started my detox. 10 day taper. I started at 5mgs.. down to .05 yesterday. I feel good.. Its 20 hours. No lingering WD yet. but if it comes.. I can do it. I have no doubt I can get through WD.. its the other work that is hard.. but I am willing.. and I think that is a good start. I learned alot about Suboxone in the past month so questions are welcomed.. I want to help.. It a dangerous drug hidden under the facade of a miracle.. I hope this helps someone out there..
Helpful - 0
Hats off to you and now your new life begins.
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Thanx to you I have cut my doses in half from the beginning!  Great Job and please save to post every now and again... People need to hear this.  FLaddict you ARE such a wonderful addition to this site.
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
I'm so proud of you and you're such a great example to everyone. Now get busy living your life to the fullest. You will find a whole new world now. I don't post much but I lurk and will always answer if you need help. Same to anyone else here.

Hugs......LS
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I am so glad you have been here since the beginning of my journey.. I am also glad I have been able to talk you out of leaving all the times you wanted to.. You have been an amazing source of strength for me and many others. I am so proud that you are taking what happened to you and fighting... You deserve to be drug free and happy without the fear of WD. YOu did not choose this for yourself like many of us. If anyone deserves to get out of this trap it is you. Don't forget Intervention moved to Fridays....
Helpful - 0
Great job Steph...what more can i say that I haven't already said! You are a great source of motivation for many!
Peace,
Marcie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.