Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

How can I be letting this happen

Please someone slap me.

I did so well through my w/d and getting clean - even after breaking my ankle, I withstood the pain and didn't take pills.  Now, I am in the midst of a new problem developing.  I feel it.  I like it....but damn, I don't want to do this to myself again.  

How do I stop it?  I am still only using as directed but I feel it waking up that part of me.  Will I ever have a healthy relationship with pills?  Is there a healthy balance?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
never.  You will never have a healthy relationship with pills after you were once an addict.  It is sad to say but that is how I got hooked back again.  It sucks, it really does.  
Helpful - 0
If you like them, I would say that is the first warning. Don't take them unless you are in considerable pain. If you read posts you will see, that is when the nightmare begins. Even legit pain you can get addicted. Good luck and read back on posts. You can search at the top for your specific drug.

Tim
Helpful - 0
I guess I should say that you will never have a healthy relationship with the same pills you were addicted to or any pills that could cause dependence that make you feel anything like the ones you were addicted to made you feel.  We start taking them because we like the way it makes us feel........ so being tempted with that feeling is dangerous.
good luck!  I know...... it still sucks
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.