Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Whoever

When will this torture end? How long does it take before I am comfortable with my withdrawal? These are just two of the eternal questions that plague anyone on withdrawal. Unfortunately there are no set answers to any of these questions. Each of us have different mindsets and different metabolisms. How we respond mentally or physically depends on how badly we want to respond to treatment whether it is through a medical practitioner or by self treatment. There are many answers here and it is by the hit and miss method that we are able to find what suits us best. The great thing about most of the posts that are here with suggestions on different methods, is that the majority of the posts are well intended. Each of us knows that in general we all want to succeed and see others succeed as well. However, most of us with one or two exceptions, are not medical experts and we only give advice taken from personal experiences. This means that if you do take advice that does not work for you, do not blame the person you took the advice from because, as I mentioned, we are not all experts and any advice that was given, was given with good intentions. I, personally, had to go through several trial periods of different posts before I found one that suited my problem. I did not blame the failures on those who gave the advice because I knew that they were only trying to help. So, keep this in mind as you read and attempt the various posts. Also, above all, do not blame yorslf for wanting to succeed so badly that you wanted to give up after a failed attempt or two. Keep on trying because eventually there will come a breakthrough that will chase all the dark clouds away and you will bask in the sunshine of your success. I did it, others have done it and we had the same doubts you have. So go for it no matter what.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
in my program they say MY experiance, MY strength, MY hope,  what works for me may not work for you but any step toward recovery is a step in the right direction. i dont think its about ending the old but starting the new, thanks for the post
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Forgive me for not remembering but how long have you been off and of what?  I feel ya cause I have ups and downs too.
Helpful - 0
yes thats the good thing about having this forum..you dont just get one answer and have to go with that. the one thing you will get is support and ppl backing your decision. thanks for posting that.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.