Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

was off for 10 days then took one vic, none since. Will I have any w/d symptoms??

Hi.  Ive been reading the forum for a few months. Even w/d with the information  I read on this forum. I went to the DR and had pneumonia and she gave me Vics for pain in my side.  I took them
for 2 days then off.  I had been off everything for 10 days.  Do you think I will go thru w/d again??  I cannot sleep tonite but I did sleep til noon today.  Anyway, thanks for all the good info on this forum. It made it a lot easier.  
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i doubt it but if you do they will be very mild ( my opinion),,gl
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
nah... count your blessings
Helpful - 0
It depends on your history. Which I would like to know. Because if you have a serious problem with pain meds you need to tell your doc. Otherwise you leave open doors. Like this instense. You got pills. I am not sure of your history so I don't want to overstep the line here but if you have a serious addiction problem you can't leave any open doors that will give you the opportunity to use. I know all to well that 2 days of pill use can lead to others and before you know it you are back at the beginning and facing those awful w/d's. I am not saying this to hurt. But rather out of support. You should be avoiding pills at any cost.

I got into a car wreck last week. Minor, not my fault but I got whip lash, a strained back, and pinched nerves. My doc knows so I wasn't given anything stronger then 800mg of ibuprofen, physical therapy and chiropractor. And you know what?  I did all 3 and the pain wasn't bad at all. If I hadn't told my doc and if I wasn't on suboxone or in IOP where I might get a UI you can bet I would have gotten pain killers and I would have taken them and I would have enjoyed them and I would be back at the beginning.

I feel awesome in knowing I can do this w/o pills because now I don't have guilt or worries about w/d's because I didn't leave an out.

So you need to be honest with yourself and decide what you want?  If it is to be clean and free of drugs you have to tell your doctor. If anyone tells you that you don't have to well quite frankly they don't care. And they probably aren't being honest with themselves.

But again I don't know your history so please understand I am speaking to you as if you have a serious addiction problem and that you don't want to be on pain meds.
Helpful - 0
you should be ok... maybe some tummy cramping.

just be careful... the more "here and there's" you might take one, the urge I think will come flyin' back.

but as far as the d/t's - you should be fine...
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.