Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I'm still resisting the urge!!

Well, I entered a treatment center on May 29th for an addiction to hydrocodone. After 4 days of hell, I finally knew who I was again and spent the following 6 days in treatment fully expecting to finish the 28 day program. Well, the phone rings and my wife has to have emergency surgery. We have 8 children at home. I had a decision to make. I felt strong enough, but was still unsure. I checked myself out of the program and went home to take care of my family. About three days ago, my wife returned home after surgery. Of course they sent home meds for her to take for her recovery. Wouldn't you know it.......one would have to be a bottle of hydrocodone, and recently they also are giving her Roxicet. The last few days have been the toughest of all. There those damned meds sit taunting me.  I'm going to beat this! My resolve is strong and my faith in the Higher Power is stronger!! Happy Father's Day to all you "papa's" out there!! Tom
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
That is so great you have fought the urge. You are going to make it through this and have such a good start. Don't give up the fight!! How is your wife doing? I hope her recovery from surgery is going well. Tomorrow is your day of honor. Happy Father's Day!!!! God Bless you and yours.

Tim
Helpful - 0
I am so happy to hear that you are still resisting the urge!  It is a battle worth fighting for.  Keep us posted on your progress and we are always here if you need to talk.

Hug,

shelby
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
WOW,

Close one, but good call....

Hang in Tight Buddy, we'll all be here for you!

Shoot a post anytime!

Keep Fighting the Good Fight!

God Bless YOU!

Todd
Helpful - 0
Hi buddy.. just tossin' a thought out there:  she knows you had/have this prob, right?  Can you ask her to hide them, so even if you got the urge, you couldn't grab them, even if you wanted?

I know for me, just knowing where they were... oofah.
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
Yeah,

I think what Marca said would be a pretty smart move for you!

Even if your wife doesn't know about your addiction, just come up with something as to why it burdens you to even look at the Hydro's!

Good Advise the Marca!

Love,

Todd
Helpful - 0
... I'm not just another pretty face, Todd. :-)

(the best part about that?  you don't know me... I could be such a troll...)
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
Oh come now,

A troll, you make me laugh!

Plus you give loving and good advise!

So that's all that counts to me!

Lot of Love to ya!

Todd
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Yup, the same thing happened to me.... I asked my wife to hide the bottle she didn't and the next thing you know..... da dada dah!  I .....(Music please) did it MYYYYYYY WAYYYYY!!!!  (sing it Frank)  Marca got it right....at least for me.  This was way before when things were nuts...iwasnuts
Helpful - 0
Ask her to hide it. Even if it is under her pillow or between the mattresses, just somewhere near her and out of your sight so that if you go looking for it she could see you.

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.