Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Withdrawling....

Well, I broke down yesterday after my last dose of Vicodin.  I told my sister and mom and I realized that I was addicted.  I have been without for 24 hours and feeling just terrible.  I read through lots of posts which indicate that I could be like this for 5 days.  

I would really appreciate if anyone has any tips to help with the various symptions of the withdrawl.
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi and welcome to the forum. Yes the physical symptoms will go on 5-7 days and then you deal with the cravings. You are going to need some immodium and there is a Thomas Recipe you can google. I lived on smoothies for over a week and ice cream. I really did have any appetite. I also bought some potassium OC pills because you lose a lot of fluid with the stomach part of it. I feel for you on the first day and just know you can get through it. Post on the board and you will receive so much loving support. If you ever need me, please give me a shout out. You can do this and stay focused. It will be the best present you can give yourself.

Tim
Helpful - 0
Congrats on your change in direction, first of all.    You have taken the first step toward a new life.  You will (depending on how much your were taking and for how long) have withdrawals for awhile.  Diarhhea, restless muscles, leg cramps, etc.   Read through the archives on this board to see how others have dealt with the symptoms.  Immodium AD helps, take some tylenol pm or advil pm to help sleep (no guarnatees you will actually sleep though), and bascially hang on.   Pretend you just have the flu and let it ride itself out.  It won't last forever and you won't die from it.   You have lots to gain from getting through this.  
Best of all to you and please keep posting and reading
Helpful - 0
I appreciate the comments and help.  I am going to read some more posts to see if there is any other advice.  I feel so crappy now I just don't want to do anything.  The worst thing is I can't believe I did this to myself.  Well, I can't take all the credit, my Doctor innocently started it and well, I just took it from there.  I have been taking for about 1 year.  I feel like such a bad person cause when I ran out, I will call a Dentist, my Doctor, any friends I could and make up things to get more.  I feel like I decieved everyone I know.  Although I have admitted it to my family, I am not ready to tell my Doctor.  I have to do something cause my 100 pill refill is coming up and I don't want to get them.  Can you believe that 100 pills lasted 5 days......At first, they lasted 28 days as prescribed.  I wonder, can anyone really be on these things as prescribe for long periods of time without self prescribing and increasing dosage?
Helpful - 0
I would go through 90 in 8-9 days. I would always promise that the next bottle would last me a month. I would figure out 3 a day but, of course, take them at the same time. It never worked out....never. I am on day 23 and feel so much better. Stick to the forum and you will make it through this.

Take care,
Tim
Helpful - 0
Just a question....the Thomas Recipe talks about these drugs Valium (or another benzodiazepine such as Klonopin, Librium, Ativan or Xanax).

I have some Lorazepam which I do not take frequently.  Its 1MG per pill.  If I want to use it what is an effect dose and how often?
Helpful - 0
I hear ya Tim.  I did the same thing.  I am a glutton and to ween off just would not work for me.  It had to be this way or not at all.  If I have them around I am going to take them and not just one at a time.
Helpful - 0
It is a benzo like valium and you can use the 1 mg. Good luck!!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.