Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Any Opinons?

I have now been without any pills for 26 hours.  As most of you know I feel like total ****.  I have now confessed to someone I has used in the past to get some pills from.  She felt so bad that she gave them to me.  I assured her that I was the deceptive one and she was not to blame for any of this.

I have had two people tell me to contact a doctor now.  I am not sure I am ready for that.  Does anything think this is good advice?  I am being told the doctor can leviate the symptons.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
This is your first step the next is up to you. Before I give advice what is your back story. How long etc. ????? As far as the doctor goes it is up to you SOME understand others are JERKS. Like i felt like an Ass when i saw my doctor - she said and i am quoting her, "what do you expect me to do, you need help and i wont give you any drugs cause you sir have a problem."  It really depends though - fight the good fight .....

kind regards

Alex
Helpful - 0
217599 tn?1202850952
my dr. helped me.  there are things they can give you to help you get through.  don't wait too long, or it won't help much.  my dr. is really proud as i am the only patien he has that has gotten off methadone.  his help was invaluable to me.

Lucy
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the advice.  Unfortunately, this is the weekend and my Doctor is not available until Monday.  I am pulling my hair out with these symptions.  I don't know what to do...
Helpful - 0
217599 tn?1202850952
as you can see you got two different opinions.  i went to the dr that prescribed it for me.  first of all he is my regular dr., and knows me well.  secondly, i wanted him to learn how hard it is to get off and maybe be a little more careful about prescribing it for anyone else.  i hope it worked.  i really think he'll think at least twice before he reccomends it again.

Lucy
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.