Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

better every day, but momma its slow.

i almost feel good. its been over 30 days with nothing but moderate ibuprofen use.

its soooooooooooooooo slow.

ive been talking to a friend who explains how stressful on the body ct is, that and 20 nights without sleep and i suppose its no wonder i dont feel enthusiastic all day every day :)

im happy to give it another month or 2 to start bouncing out of bed.

its reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly good to be away from the pills.

my back/neck ache sometimes , and sometimes quite badly, but ibuprofen and a nap have managed to leave me feeling comfortable again so far.

but at the times when my back is acheing most, i know a couple pills would work, but this has been my first time with pills and w/ds etc, it has not been fun, and now im actually more scared of doing wds again then i am of an aching back once in a while, seriously SCARED of ever having to wd again.

so im going to continue with chiropratic and ibuprofen and sleep sleep sleep.continue looking people dead in the eye with full knowledge that im completely 'there' and not a tissue copy of who i could am.

i feel strong,.... well stronger than i have in years.

every day it gets better, but the point of this post is 2 things,

1.it is so sloooooooooooooooooooooow.
2.its is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo good to be getting better.

my heart pains me reading many of the posts here, i wish you all good luck, and hope that you can soon quit the pills and return to the person you really are...........
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You really have said it all.  Keep up the fight.  You will win!
Wendy
Helpful - 0
217599 tn?1202850952
great post.  i found that ibu was all i really needed for the pain too.  and sleep is on the way. i was 23 days with 2 or 3 hrs a night, then i got 6 one night(day 23) 5 the next and last night 7 1/2!!! we'll be able to build back our strength when we can sleep normally.  would love to just sleep away 24 hrs, so tired, but i don't think that will ever come.  even before the pills, i didn't sleep well.  anyway, drinking green tea, taking my vitimins and minerals, trying to eat right, only healthy stuff since my appetite is still very small.  i've lost at least 10 lbs. which is just a start... need to lose 20 more, so i'm using this as a kick off to the weight loss needed to be healthy.  praying for you, you can do it.

Lucy
Helpful - 0
Encouraging words for day 6, thanks.  I look forward to sleeping -actually had almost 4-hours last night.
Helpful - 0
Well said!  Nothing worthwhile is every easy!  Great job and great post! Thanks.
Peace,
Marcie:)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.