Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
182493 tn?1348052915

Rooftrash

I can't begin to imagine the hurt and agony you feel today. And I know reaching for that bottle of pills to numb the pain is what you feel you need to cope. I urge you to taper today. Get Bruce back.. drowning your feelings in the pills will not make tommorrow better.. You are a much loved member here and I am worried about how you and your wife are doing tonight.. please keep in touch with us here..

Your friend
S
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Awesome post.  Couldn't have said it better.
Helpful - 0
i'm struggling even to write this, as i feel i am in no position to even address this.. but i will keep it short.

no one here, unless they have gone through what you have, will ever begin to understand what you feel.  i watched my parents go through it and.. actually, no, i still don't know what they felt. but i know what i saw.  i can only imagine it's the worst pain anyone can go through.

get through the day any way you can.  you can then take care of yourself - today, tomorrow, soon - because i imagine that is what your son would ultimately want.  but do what you need to do today.

I am so sorry.

my thoughts and prayers are with you.

all my love,
mj
Helpful - 0
When my grandson died I was devastated. It took a long time before I was able to cope with it. As time passed the hurt began to lessen but the memory remained as strong as ever. It is now thirty years since he left. There is still a hurt there but nothing can diminish the memory. I thank the powers that be that I was allowed to know him, if only for a short time. Now when I think of him, which is every single day, I can see his little smile and his memory warms me in spite of the sadness. Remembering a loved one that has passed on is a tribute to his/her life. They may be gone physically but they are very much alive within us. I know where you are coming from and I know what you are feeling. Today, Father's Day, is when you feel the loss deeper than any other day. As long as you keep his memory alive, he will live on and will be with you in spirit always. Death is not the end. It is a new beginning for him and in time you will see him again.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.