Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

40 hour update

Well its been 40 hours since i flushed my percs. All day yesterday i just sort of lied in bed with some anxiety and slept a while. Last night had a harder time getting to bed and took some xanax. Woke up about two and legs were moving like Elvis on stage. I took another xanax(and I do know about the benzos) and then for some reason took a 50 milligram tramadol and took a razor and cut one quarter off of it and lied back down. Legs finished moving to the tune of hound dog and I somehow fell asleep. Woke up at nine and feel lethargic. Stomach turning some. Went to the bathroom and had semi-runs. Drank a vitamin protein drink, took a vitamin and a bananna and am sitting at the computer now. Damn I had to go back and retype about ten words when I am normally a very good typer. Legs feel weak. Going to go and soak in the tub.          elvistcb
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
way to go buddy..... good for you.

sorry about feeling cruddy, it's gonna pass soon tho - i promise!!!  just hang tough....

anything i/we can do???

again - way to go....

warmly,
mj

Helpful - 0
I just wanted to say that I wish you the very best.  Your almost through your second day, so your getting there.  Having done the cold turkey thing myself a couple of times, presently on day seven of cold turkey off methadone, I know its no easy row to hoe.  One thing that I will say is, that you have to keep your mind in the right place.  Don't know what you are into, but what ever it takes for you to keep your mind straight use it, whether it be meditation, prayer or whatever you may use.  Use it anytime things start rolling down hill, and get yurelf back into a positive state of mind.  Because that is what it is going to take for you to make it through.  You have chosen a difficult path, but one that will make you much stronger, and one that make you realize just how much power you really do have to make things better in your life.  If it is what you really want, you will find the way to do it, meditate on it, and heal your mind and soul as well as your body.  Be proud and hold your head high, soon the worst will be over.  My meditation has taken me to places I never though I would find, and opened my mind to powers I once never knew I could or would have.

Addictions are mean and vicious, they want to be part of your life, and stay, long after their welcome is gone.  In your times of meditation, just open the door, and tell them they are no longer welcome with in your life, then shut the door on them, and fade that door to black.  After you have done that, find the place in your mind where the waters flow gently and the grass is green and beautiful, and you are at peace with your self.  Hold that in your mind as long as possible.  Don't be surprised, when those addictions knock on the door again, because they will, but remember you have already faded that door to black, and are now in a better place.  Listen to some mellow music, and try to relax as much as possible, and always remember you rule your own mind body, and soul, not those addictions you have kicked out the door.

Best of Luck to you, and keep the faith,
Ren                
Helpful - 0
I just wanted to say that I wish you the very best.  Your almost through your second day, so your getting there.  Having done the cold turkey thing myself a couple of times, presently on day seven of cold turkey off methadone, I know its no easy row to hoe.  One thing that I will say is, that you have to keep your mind in the right place.  Don't know what you are into, but what ever it takes for you to keep your mind straight use it, whether it be meditation, prayer or whatever you may use.  Use it anytime things start rolling down hill, and get yurelf back into a positive state of mind.  Because that is what it is going to take for you to make it through.  You have chosen a difficult path, but one that will make you much stronger, and one that make you realize just how much power you really do have to make things better in your life.  If it is what you really want, you will find the way to do it, meditate on it, and heal your mind and soul as well as your body.  Be proud and hold your head high, soon the worst will be over.  My meditation has taken me to places I never though I would find, and opened my mind to powers I once never knew I could or would have.

Addictions are mean and vicious, they want to be part of your life, and stay, long after their welcome is gone.  In your times of meditation, just open the door, and tell them they are no longer welcome with in your life, then shut the door on them, and fade that door to black.  After you have done that, find the place in your mind where the waters flow gently and the grass is green and beautiful, and you are at peace with your self.  Hold that in your mind as long as possible.  Don't be surprised, when those addictions knock on the door again, because they will, but remember you have already faded that door to black, and are now in a better place.  Listen to some mellow music, and try to relax as much as possible, and always remember you rule your own mind body, and soul, not those addictions you have kicked out the door.

Best of Luck to you, and keep the faith,
Ren                
Helpful - 0
Thanks. Just got out of the tub. ran out of hot water. Also just ate a yogurt. Stomach gurgling again. Also just did 40 pushups between chairs. Got tougher at the end, when I normally breeze through them. Definitely feel lethargic, and Rivers, yes the temptaion is strong right now. Will try and lie down on the couch and close my eyes and think of something nice. Again Rivers and Marcatj, i appreciate it.                 elvistcb
Helpful - 0
anytime, my brother.... :-)   really.   coming here is what got me thru this far....
Helpful - 0
Stick in there my friend, it gets easier as it goes.  After I had tried to quit Methadone at 5mg, and failed so miserably, I wasn't sure i could do it, I couldn't make it 36 hours before I went back on them.  That went on for several days, and I went back on them for that time.  Now two months later, my mind is in a completely different place, in fact, day six and seven have been the worst so far, but nothing is gonna stop me this time.  It was one of those situations where the cure was worse than the disease, once I started getting those headaches like I did.

i can tell from what you have wrote you got your mind in a good place so far, just keep it there, and hang on for the light at the end of the tunnel.  I am here with you, and if you need someone to talk to, just let me know, I'll be watching your post.

Your friend,
Ren

Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
hang baby hang!!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.