Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Got the info - finally!

As most of you know from the few posts I had made about being dropped from my pain management doctor b/c of my urine test -  I finally got the information ... of course it said hydrocodone but it also said positive for hydromorphone. Being me and not knowing wth that is I looked it up. It said dilaudid. Well, I've had that 2 times that I know of and both of them had to do with my surgeries! I do not believe they gave that to me when I had my c/s with my child to do the spinal or afterwards - I dunno but the doctor knows I just had a baby.

Anyway, I called and said look test me again - heck I'm the one having to pay for it anyway. No go. I'm lucky to have one lady in the office return my calls (albeit slowly). Anyway, I was able to get my records forwarded to another PM center a couple of weeks ago and after review by their Board Director (?) they agreed to see me - even after the urine test analysis they received. I was told, he had no question about that b/c you've been a PM patient for a long time (over 6 years, had 2 major surgeries and have been diagnosed by ortho's; neurosurgerons and your last pm doc as being a chronic pain sufferer) and he hopes we will be able to help you in some way ... BETTER.

This place seems to be much more than write you a prescription. That's what I had thought about my last one too but at the end I don't think so. This place does implants and I had asked mmy last doctor about doing that - where bone regenerates etc - I was on the list at one time with an ortho out of Texas but that fell through.

Anyway, I was told by new place to call my old place and tell them or demand them to call me in something to help taper until they can see me or to call in something to help with withrdrawals. That was last Tuesday and I've called everyday since then - nothing. I went c/t Saturday afternoon. It's hit me the hardest today. I've been up since 3a with no sleep, sweating profusely, bathroom visits .. oh my! Just name it - I'm in pain of course some unbearable especially in trying to take care of my two small kids. I'm trying my best but I know this is going to be hard and hard to get through these w/d's c/t - any advise? I was taking percs 10/325 2 to 3 a day depending.

Thanks for everything!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Forgot to add that the hydrocodone amount totalled almost 3000 and the hydromorphone was 654.

And yes, I didn't take always what was allotted for me (sometimes if the pain was too much or I was too immune to it then I was popping up to 5 pills a day and would have to slow that down before they ran out unless I knew someone that just had surgery or something).

I'm at that precipise where I want to call someone right now - having chills, nose running and my back, legs and neck ache profusely. I miss my pep and zest and need that to do my kids too - I feel foggy headed and short-fused (not like I'm going to hurt them or something!) I just feel unfocused and off-balance. Excessively thirsty and geez I can't do anything for not being near a bathroom.

And still I wait for that call.............I just want to stick my head in a hole in the ground and cry.
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
hey, you can relieve the wd's by asking for clonidine... ativan helps too.
Helpful - 0
Thanks for responding fishmeal. Yes that is what the new Pain Ctr has told me to do - they cannot treat / call me in anything since they don't see me until the 26th of this month.

They said my 'old' doctor should do this - that he should never just 'drop' me and he should call me in something to help. Needless to say it's early afternoon and I've yet to hear back still.

My PCP won't see me b/c of the letter (if you recall my other posts) that this doctor sent - he thinks I am some sort of - I don't know what you want to call it and I've been there for 15 years. Makes me wonder if this Pain Ctr I was going to may not be in some sort of trouble - like I said he would write a script and walk out - I would be like gee thanks here's your money I'm fine and you. I mean I wanted my mass epi's agan. I wanted something still want something to help me but aside from meds kwim. I want to feel good to be able to tie my damn shoes and change my child's diaper without feeling like I can't move or get up - without crying. And right this moment I'm not doing good.

I don't know anyone who knows about this - my dad did but he recently passed away. My mom tries to understand but no offense, she's a holy roller basically. She was an alcoholic when I was growing up and went from the bottle to the lord - I believe I just don't go everyday if that makes sense and she wants me to put it in his hands. Well he hasn't healed me for almost 12 years and I'm sorry but I'm frustrated.

I'd go to the ER but we have new insurance and so we've yet to meet the deductible and the cost of that visit is a lot more than I have to pay if that makes sense and then they'd either want to keep me or give me something which puts me back in the spiral - I'm scared if I go there and say hey this is happening they'll admit me for detox and I could lose my kids or something. Maybe I'm overreacting I don't know. If I keep calling that doctors office back it does no good so I'm screwed literally. Maybe I'll call the new office and see if they can get one of the doctors to call the old one and speak with him? I don't know what else to do. I'm at wits end.

Thanks for responding though - it means a lot just having someone read your posts and know that there are others that are and have been through this and down this road. If I ever get anywhere with anyone, I'll ask about the meds you mentioned and thanks again!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.