Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
182493 tn?1348052915

To All Who Were Worried..

I am ok... yesterday was rough..  THe sweats and chills were getting to me mentally. One minute I would feel better and then next I was soaked covered in huge goosebumps.. I was frustrated. Cravings were talking to me.. The only opiates in my home are a script of Darvocet when my hubby had a broken hand.. 2years ago.. they are probably old. And a partially used bottle of HC Tussion that is my roommates from her bout with brochitis last week. That cough syrup looked tasty for a few hours.. I ain't gonna lie. So I decided to start getting myself to pass out for the night. I took my herbs.. waited.. took a dose of regular Robotussin DM since I read a report that it helps with WD symptoms.. Then waited... then gave in to Lunesta... which did the trick.. finally
I slept good for the most part.  Today I woke with a bit of nervousness, and after an hour of being up had a interesting bathroom experience. Some one was right when they said WD from Sub you have different symptoms at different times. Overall today I feel better. I am crossing my fingers. Day 4 off of Sub Day 14 off of hydro..
Thanks for all the expressions of worry down below.. It was nice to see. As far as my stand on Sub. I think it has its place. In the short term detox world. I wish I would have been able to take it for a shorter amount of time even. 10 days may have been too long. I would still encourage people to try it short term. It does get you out of your cycle of abuse. But there will be some WD not alor and WAY beter than CT.. Well today is th beginning of day 4. I had a full 24 hours of feeling rough...intense at times mild at others..
Again thanks to all who were thinking of me..
13 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
thanks flaaddict...whew... i just made the cut!..on my way ther now..wish me luck all...and i pray for everyone...thanks again!
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I suggest you find a doc that will work with you and allow you to do a "detox only" program. Lots of docs are naive about this new drug and are over medicating people with it.. and they truely think there are no WD.. which as you read about me is a lie. If you are on hydro you will not need much. maybe only 8mg-12mgs for the first two days.  Start tapering the 3rd day. This has a really long half life. so tapering is easy if you don't start higher than 8-12mgs. Plan to take it for a week or two. give yourself a few days after stopping to be able to chill. You won't "suffer" but you will not be 100%.  I felt anywhere between 75-85% yesterday and that was my 3rd day off. Also clonidine is great for easing any symptoms you have while tapering off the Sub or when you quit it. it s a blood pressure med that takes the restlessness and "heebie jeebies" away.. also helps a litle with chills and diarreah.
This is a very powerful drug but not one that will get you high...less is more. THere is a post from last night I suggest you read Fish posted.
Welcome to the site..
Helpful - 0
good 4 u for hanging on, it gets easier every day, hot bath/ shower.??
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Good Job and staying clean... Yea, i do know about the roller coaster ride!  It's weird cause it's like fine one minute and bad the next... hey, as long as you know and can go the distance... I know how stubborn you are and that's a good thing, heehee

be seeing ya abound the old folks home.  We're gonna make it... somehow some way.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Thanks guys... I am a fighter... I was M-Fing Ali last night.... Today so far.. much better. Tummy issues.. some pain in the spots I am not surprised.. neck and low back.. My problem areas.. Now that I have insurance I am gonna start the process of getting into a physical therapy program so I can get back in the gym.. I know if my chest and tummy were stronger I wouldn't have so much pain. So for now its IBU and flexiril. They help more anyways.. I still feel a bit tired so I am gonna hang for a bit and then clean up the mess that was  "detox-central"  and then shower off  the **** I sweated out last night.
Helpful - 0
This is awesome - so please tell me about Sub. I wonder if it would help me since I saw you were on hydro? Fishmeal also recommended I ask for something else - I'm just trying to find a doctor to do this to help me as I'm c/t at the moment.
I've mostly been reading posts - as I'm quite new and have 2 small kids but everything I read is inspiring and helpful since so many care. It really helps knowing that.

I commend you on your spirit and for doing this!
Helpful - 0
214607 tn?1287677559
Steph, what it comes down to, is that you are sticking to your guns. It sounds like you are mentally determined and I am so very proud of you. I too, had the same experience on Sub, however, it does work, short term.

You can do it. The worst is over now and just keep up what you are doing. I hope and pray that the days get better and better, quicker and quicker...which they will..

Lisa
Helpful - 0
Thanks FLaddict. Yes, Fish responded to my post this am. It was the clonidine that was recommended.

I'm having trouble with doctors - my last pain doctor - just a long story and I'm not going to hijack your post.

I've called triage at the new place and asked them to call my old place to ask him to call in or why he won't return my calls - the letter said emergency situations ... well 'duh'.

I went to the sub site and found info on it and there are 2 in my area but when I call I just get a recording to leave my name and number - it sounds to be more of an in-house detox program place.

I'll wait to hear from triage new place or finally if old one calls - or I'll get my nerve to leave a message at the sub clinic for recommendations. Sorry about hijacking this and I'll go look for Fish's post from last night - thanks again!!!!
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
You are not hijacking at all... they may have it so you have to show up every day to get checked out.. the one i did they wanted me to show up for the first 3 days to get blood pressure check and stuff... after 2 days he told me I didn't need to come back since I was doing so well on it The first 30 hours I only took 8mgs. He wanted me to take 16-24mgs... I told him he was nuts.. I wasn't taking the same doses that he gives people coming off oxy or heroin. I didn't need it.  Low doses are better. On day one on it I had a bit of a head ache. and was slightly buzzed. not a nice buzz though a very synthetic head buzz.. I napped and felt much better..
Good luck to you.. if you need anything just ask..
Helpful - 0
213991 tn?1214273019
Glad to here your doing ok. Keep it up ill pray for you.
Helpful - 0
hello all,im new here but like everyone else got here for the same reason basically.i just have some questions and/or concerns after reading .a very long story short......ive been on opiates for ten years....heavily addicted.allthough in the last several months i have cut my dosage down considerably.but still need them to function.ok so heres the thing....i just got back from a in house detox facility after 4 1/2 days..second time .last time was a year ago same place. turns out i was not informed on the place enough and they were and are not prepared fpr opiate addicts.anyway,my question to someone that can help is that i have an appointment tomorrow with a suboxone doc.thing is i gave in last night and took only about ten millgrams of hydro i had .in all ive only had mybe 2 ten mills in the last 24 hours ..cravings are crqazy.thats about ten times less than i take when im "on" them.u knoiw what i mean.how long do i have to go without takin a friggin piil before i can take the sub stuff.i see him at ten tomorrow a.m. i didnt make the appt. and im brand new to this suboxone treatment.just what i have read online. thank you and like someone else dsaid .sorry to "hijack" forum..jus wonderin in florida!!!!
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Has to be at least 12-16 hours...since your last dose of hydro..
Helpful - 0
Someone here is ALWAYS thinking about you
You are a HUGE asset to this board..
Im sorry you had a rough go at it..I know it sucks totally...Im glad your feeling a bit better and your choices for short term are good!! You can and will get thru it...Im glad you posted today!
I hope you have a great day and your in my thoughts!
Hang in there .............

Happy Thoughts and Prayers
Love
C
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.