Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Tim2H/All

Willpower........

I am very strong person with very strong willpower.......
I always thought that I could fight addiction like the bully in highschool and kick his butt.......

While in this thinking my addiciton went on for decades probably longer than most of you who post here.......

The first step says this:
To admit that I am powerless against drug of choice and that my life has become unmanageable....

What a concept to admit to a strong proud person that they are not in control of their own life....

That is why recovery is not possible until you can.......

I found out that it takes a true stong willed person to admit that addiction is bigger and stronger than they are and that addiction has crushed people twice as strong and twice as big as I am..........

This is something I live by today:

I am not responsible for my addiction, but I am responsible for my recovery!
14 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
get a sponser and call him
Helpful - 0
Like most addicts you miss the message the big picture and only see a type O

Your reading skills are bad too, ,I said I was not quoting I was making a point and if I choose to say the first step with drug of choice that is my way......
thats not the point................

You write your posts and I'll write mine........
Helpful - 0
my God, thats where the drama problem starts in here. YOU are the only one bashing and calling names,READ THE POST, and yea ,if your gonna QOUTE the 1st step then get it right. they didnt write it to be changed around, if this forum was religous and someone said "thou shall not kill people you like" i think they would be corrected. you say you live recovery,not today ,,READ your post, why are you lashing out with sarcasm,name calling,and general bashing. if you you read the rules of this forum YOUR the one breaking them. i didnt come here to argue so I wont respond to your posts,you obviously have a problem with even the slightest criticism if thats even what it was.. so blast me back if thats your program,i wont respond because THATS my program
Helpful - 0
your post was fine except when you misqoute,mistype,whatever you may call it but when you call it the 1st step your wrong. Why does that anger you. are you talking about another 1st step. Hey if your wrong your wrong ,,no big deal. the 10th step says we continue to take personal inventory and when we are wrong promptly admit it.
Helpful - 0
did you see any quotation marks in my statement?

Did you bother to read the point I was making?

Did you disagree with my post?

Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
Well,

I just got hit with a slammer, my doc cancelled my appt. and I can not see him for 2 weeks, and I have quit phenobarbital, Ambien, and down to 3 Hydro's a day - and the only thing that was helping my anxiety was the Valium, and now.....I will be without!

Quiting 2 drugs at once has been hard enough, now I have no idea what in the world to do now!

Except the only best thing I know that works: CRY OUT TO JESUS!

Man everybody is getting hit hard today for some reason....why is it so hard, when people try to do the right thing in life? It's like paddling upsteam, and swinging swords to do what is right? I do not get this corrupt world!

Tim, Lucy, Shelby, Lisa and all - One Big AMEN on what you said! - Yes, I am back 100% - For just as much, we all need each others support, and that what makes it a winning battle, with love and support, along with the good help of God!!!

All of you are way to wonderful!!!!

I have to take a little walk, and pray on this one....who is more powerful, the One who created us and all of the heavens and earth, or drugs?...

Does anyone want to the true formula to breaking free of your bondage....

God's Loving Grace, through our Faith = VICTORY!!!!!

God Bless and Love to all of You!

Your loving friend,
Todd
Helpful - 0
NO that is not what I meant, I have the big book and N/A book.......

I could of copied them right out of the book but was trying to make a point on this "drug forum" did you disagree with my post?

How about my spelling? or grammer? did you have a problem with that too?
Helpful - 0
i think if your going to quote from na you should quote from na,,,that doc thing WILL keep you an addict. if i have to choose a doc its MORE
Helpful - 0
Tim2H
6/18/2007
C1  beach Well written and I am seeing a soft touch in you :). Thanks for the post and I am going to look into a meeting today. I can't do this on will power alone. I am not the "Big Strong Man" I thought.

God Bless,
Tim

Tab and the other addict........this is the person I was posting to because there was a problem that I came forward like a man and tryed to fix and Tims return post is what is truely important to me.....

Helpful - 0
Tim2H
6/18/2007
C1  beach Well written and I am seeing a soft touch in you :). Thanks for the post and I am going to look into a meeting today. I can't do this on will power alone. I am not the "Big Strong Man" I thought.

God Bless,
Tim

beachtowel
6/18/2007
C2  Tim2H Amen brother.......good idea

liscamdave
6/18/2007
C3  beachtowel Such strong and powerful words. I needed that today. Thank you Beach...

Lisa

Thank you both and I am glad Tim is going to an N/A meeting I guess Tab dog and his groupee could not grasp the postive message here they just want to dwell on the first step that they don't have a clue what it really means........

Why do you two think it is more important to bash me for a couple of words that I added myself (which by the way I can say all the steps perfect from memory) instead of the positive responses.......

I live an beath the 12 steps and know all of them by heart do both of you?
Helpful - 0
188987 tn?1196280753
It doesn't say "powerless against drug of choice," it says "powerless over our addiction."  Limiting it (as you do) to just the "drug of choice" seems to imply that it's OK or safe to use a mood-altering drug as long as it's not your drug of choice.

Chapter 4 of the Basic Text clearly tells us that "when we use drugs in any form, or substitute one for another, we release our addiction all over again."  Further, it makes no bones about alcohol:  "Before we came to NA, many of us viewed alcohol separately, but we cannot afford to be confused about this. Alcohol is a drug. We are people with the disease of addiction who must abstain from all drugs in order to recover."

Helpful - 0
214607 tn?1287677559
Such strong and powerful words. I needed that today. Thank you Beach...

Lisa
Helpful - 0
Amen brother.......good idea
Helpful - 0
Well written and I am seeing a soft touch in you :). Thanks for the post and I am going to look into a meeting today. I can't do this on will power alone. I am not the "Big Strong Man" I thought.

God Bless,
Tim
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.