Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

OUT OF THE BLUE FRIGGING SKY, THE PHONE RINGS, NOW WHAT?

I posted this morning about my 40 hour journal. Still feeling lethargic. Well the phone rings and its my Nurse calling to see how I was doing. She knows Im going to see the Ortho Surgeon in July and 99 percent will have surgery. Remember now they gave me tramadol to try and taper. She knows the legit pain im in. Well I told her, the tramadol made me nauseaus, and Im on my second day of cold turkey. She flipped. Not in a bad way but in a caring way. She asked me how i was feeling and i told her the truth. She said why didnt you just let us know the Tramadol wasnt working. She is a very kind and concerned nurse. She told me not to cold turkey. I told her jokingly (If Elvis could become a superstar and he was my Idol, i didnt want to end up like him, because if he still was alive i would kick his butt). Well she knows I dont abuse them and take as prescribed, and I told her I know that but Im dependent on them. She wants me to stay on medication until I see the Surgeon and then they will wean me off about ten percent a week. They really are a good DR. and Nurse. She said the DR. wrote out a prescription for Percocet until I see the surgeon In July. OMFG. 45 hours now and WTF do I do. My brain is looking at it conservatively in both ways. Why did I answer the phone. Was it Satan, or God trying to help me in a sincere way. I dont know. The script is waiting. And I am going to soak in the tub and hope Amnesia sets in. What a frigging decision.         The King  elvistcb
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
oofah.  Well, I have 2 words for you:  "benign neglect."

In other words - do nothing at this moment.  Don't RE-act.

Is it possible you can sit on this information until tomorrow, so you make a clearer decision, vs. a reactive one?  So you know it is you making the decision - whatever it is - and not the w/d or the drugs a-talkin?

gosh, this is a tough one, buddy... i wish i knew the answer.
Helpful - 0
192332 tn?1189755828
I hear that!I am recovering from 2nd knee surgery in 3 months and know i have a problem.I am trying to ween.I see my doctor thurs and every time he gives me a rx for lots of pills.I want to tell him but i don't want to be labeled either.I just have to be strong and keep with my taper and stay out of the rest.i do need a certain amount for pain and physical therapy but for every one i take the more i crave.I hate it.I have been battling this stuff off and on for years.I just want it over.Sorry had to get that out!bruce
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.