Aa
A
A
A
Close
192332 tn?1189755828

Tapering today

Hello Friends!
  Just want every one to know i'm tapering starting today.IHATE IT!I am jonseing [spellin]an hour after i take my lower dose!watching the clock for my next every 10 min! i hope i can do this with out going c/t again.Had to get that out.Sorry.I hope all is well with everyone.It's not all about me.Is it 4:00 yet?
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
This is my 3rd day tapering and 4:00 oclock is my hour also.  Havn't found it to awful yet.  I found that when I get those urges, I shut my door and turn up the music and move with it.  I am a large lady and this is not my normal behavior, but it sure does help.  The endorphines must get going or something.  Try it! '
This is my first post, but I have read many. Glad you are all here it has given me hope!  

Thanks
Helpful - 0
... good for you buddy.  good for you.

you can do it.

warmly,
mj

Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
4pm will be here before ya know it.. keep yourself busy.. read, watch a bad tv show.. play a game online. anything...I know how hard it is to taper.. One thing I was gonna say that may help you.. If you find the mental waiting to be too much. Split your dose in half and take it more often. So if you are supposed to take 15mgs every 4 hours.. take 7.5 at the 2hour mark and 7.5 2 hours later.. Braking my doses down always helped me..
Helpful - 0
I think it's awesome about tapering! Good for you. I know all too well about wanting to say something but then being 'labeled'.

I wish you the best and I hope and pray for all of us out there that they can or will come up with something legitimate for pain control that isn't addictive or has these w/d's - all I ever ask for Christmas is a new back like that chipmunk that wanted his teeth - Santa hasn't brought me one yet (guess he's still in med school lol)

Best of luck to you!
Helpful - 0
You can do it and it is only 1 hr away till your next dose. I will be praying for you.

Best of luck,
Tim
Helpful - 0
192332 tn?1189755828
Thank you all for the words.Fladdict.I may take you up on the splitting it up thing.i was wondering about that.I wisk i could dance like you pjky but i just had knee surgery again or else i would hop on my new mountain bike and get those endorphines flowing.i feel like a caged up animal pacing the floor and i cant even pace!aaaaaawwwwwwwww!I'm going crazy!Maybe i will buy a video game system.I'm sick of computer games.and tv.I'm driving my poor wife crazy!She is so great though .she has to wait on me a lot.God Bless her.Ok 2:00 7.5 mg.Is it 2:00 yet?aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww!I hate it.Ok I'm done.Thanx guys.Bruce@#%$#@!&**^
Helpful - 0
213991 tn?1214273019
Stick to it man watching the clock sucks lol dont do that. Keep busy , sucks you cant be that active cause of the knee those natural endorphines are a god send. Ya I got stir crazy just looking at the clock but i was c/t so i dont know why i was staring at the clock :P . My first week i would post 4-9 times a day just to get good praises back and encouraging words. Stay strong stick to the game plan and you me and everyone can pull through this. I dont know ya but your in my prayers.
Helpful - 0
Thanks! I've been on percs 10/325 minimum of 3 a day. Sometimes 5 give or take - just depending on the day, what to accomplish or had done day before and would start freaking (counting those pills) as it got closer to the my appt trying to taper down, kwim.

I just keep looking at my kids thinking I'm doing this for you - you don't want a mother who's an addict but do they want one bedridden instead. I'm in pain from my issues right now and from the w/d's. This totally sucks - of course nobody has called me back and I'm just wanting to die...feel so snappy and on edge. Motivation - what motivation. I wish I could sleep but I can't. Everyone depends on me....and well I depended on my meds to make it bearable. Even then I wasn't pain free. I never was on anything this strong until I started seeing my pain mgmt doctor - he put me on patches (fentynyl) and soma and percs - coming off those patches were hard but I did it and the soma never helped me out. It was the percs I wanted - they helped and I could function.

I'm forcing myself to try and do things but feel like I'm in slow motion - then all the stomach issues and everything else to go along with this - cold one minute, hot the next. Run to teh bathroom if I can make it. I am at the point where I've got a week to go until I see the new doctor and hope that doing botox injections or some other type of new radical procedure will help - b/c nobody wants to operate on me anymore. If I could get a lower dosage pill I could waddle through the day but then I know there comes a time and place where that becomes useless and immune as I had my accident back in '93 or was it '94 (such a fog - it was '93 LOL - and that anniversary date is coming up - July 1). SIGH

I really appreciate reading your response. I need to load the kids up and get moving but it's hot out and there's road construction all over and I'm not sure I can handle picking them up - I feel like I can barely hold a cup; shaking almost. I am frustrated at letting myself ever get to this point!

Thanks for answering my questions trash - I appreciate it tons!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.