Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Day 18 ....NEW ME

So I wake up and I see my good friend Lil_rab is on and it made me smile so friggen much. She is the best....DAY 18 WOW, I feel great - i feel like a NEW ME!! Is that possible? I lost 5 pds. Working out as much as I can gotta get ripped for the summer lol i feel like a kid again. Here is a brief story of something serious that occurred:

I was playing with my nephew and sister in the park and we were just about to leave. We walked so we had to cross the road. He is 8 and wants to do everything by himself. He wouldn't hold my sisters hand and there was traffic so of course i made him. He broke away and started to run across the street because he had forgotten a toy at the park and by INSTINCT i grabbed his shirt and positioned my body toward the road well needless to say a car, at that same moment, flew by almost hitting me - in fact, the sideview mirror knocked me in the small of my back. It would have been my nephews head or much worse. My sister was all shook up by it, i told her i was OK and that stuff like this happens and lets thank GOD nothing worse did. My sister called me a HERO and I actually felt like one - she hugged me forever and wouldn't let go. NOW 18 days ago and me on pills this story could have been tragic in the sense of something worse and it is this moment I realized that I made the right choice - the w/d, the pain IT WAS WORTH IT. By being clean my reaction time was right on que and i was there at the right, time, moment and place.

To me what happened yesterday made me realize how precious life is and that I shouldn't waste another darn minute of it on pills. I love life and want to enjoy it CLEAN. I still crave but thats a small price to pay. To everyone Tim, Hopeless, Lucy, grievingwidow, lonote, lil_rab, lizzie, K_Todd, fishmeal, dave, marc. etc. who have helped me and talked me down the other night from getting more - I THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART. YOU ARE ALL MY HEROES!!

Love

Alex
13 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Glad to hear you're feeling so great today!!                  cathy
Helpful - 0
I mean alex . not todd  glad you feel like a brand new person today!
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
welcome back to the REAL world...lol

these are the stories that i love to hear...as i stated yesterday, it makes my heart sing to see how far ppl have come since they first sign on to the forum.

addiction doesn't discriminate...it doesn't matter who you are...what your story is...how your got there...how many pills you take...what kind...how many...prescribed...off the street...it is all the same.  ADDICTION IS ADDICTION.

what a wonderful day when someone admits that they are an addict and decides that they have had enough.   it is a hard road to travel back to sobriety...lots of turns...ups and downs...slow down...speed up...forward...backward...stop...and go.   but when you get to the end of that journey...you realize just how important that trip was.   it brought you to where you are today.   you learn so much about yourself along the way...and it is these things that will help you continue that journey for the years to come.

keep that road map handy alex...and never loose your way...make everyday a day like today...proud in who you are and what you have accomplished.

kim
Helpful - 0
nicely said!
Helpful - 0
Good morning my friend,

Your post was the first one I read this morning. It was really inspiring and made me so happy to see that you have turned the corner. It was meant to be that you quit when you did. I feel that the incident with your nephew was God's way to show you how different your life is now and in 18 days!!!! Letting your Mother know what has been going on was the best thing you could have done. I think your story will help so many that are just beginning their struggle with this terrible addiction. You really have made my day and have given me the strength to stay clean. You are a very special person and I am so lucky to have had a chance to know you.

God Bless,
Tim
Helpful - 0
thats great!! Im glad your doing do well. =)
congrats on day 18 and being a hero.
((((hugs))))
Helpful - 0
214607 tn?1287677559
Alex, my dear, you are already a hero for becomming and staying clean. What you did for your nephew was wonderful. I am sure you were there for a reason. Very proud of you for day 18...way to go and keep it up...We all know you can...

Such a sweet story...Hooray for you...

xo, Lisa
Helpful - 0
Wow! Your story really got me thinking.   You are so right about the reaction time thing.   Getting clean probably just saved one or two more lives beyond yours.  Thanks for sharing that story with us and I am so glad to hear you are feeling well.  You are truly an inspiration.
Helpful - 0
I just wanted to thank everyone for their great comments. Lizzie i know what a feeling to be in the real world now. Thank you for the welcome. I hope everyone is doing grrrrrrrrreat.

With Love

Alex
Helpful - 0
I forgot to mention you guys but now i am. Thanks....

Tzlady: isn't it weird? i was thinking before either i hid it well or people thought i was lazy. I don't know which lol.........

Lisa: thanks. That made me feel really good - I FEEL SO ENERGETIC TODAY. Oh and I got a real good sleep.

Thanks to all

Alex
Helpful - 0
Alex ... you made me cry!

I mentioned before that I don't believe in coincidences.  That was surely not.  What a powerful and wonderful message you received yesterday!  A true gift.

Congrats on 18, buddy.

:-)
mj
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Great JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To the new people we have a little kid playing games on the internet that's about 12 years old... please pay no attention... one of his names is "terry on mommies computer."
Helpful - 0
This is such a wonderful post, when I read it, it made me cry!!  I'm so happy for you on all your success and those little ones are so lucky to have you in their lives.  If you hadn't gotten clean when you did, no tellin' what would've happened.  I'm so proud of you!! You got it licked!! Keep comin' here for support and I'll try to come as often as I can.  That's awesome that you told your mom.  She may be your strongest support yet I'm sure.  I love my mother and she knows everything.  I dread the day that comes that I can't talk to her so I cherish every talk we have.  

Thanx so much for all your kind words on my earlier posts and on the ones that you posted to me and on this one as well.  You are such a sweethart... they made me smile so big lol... especially the part about not lettin' my hubby see the big hug hahahaaa... that was so cute lol.  You made me feel so much better about myself knowin' someone is on here and actually is so supportive and inspiring as you.  Thanx so much for bein' here for me :)

I hope you have an even better day today and every day after will be even better!!!

Big Hugs, luvs ya sweetie,

Lil.  :)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.