Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

just weed but having a hard time

so i know weed doesn't cause physical addiction, but emotionally i'm really addicted to the stuff.  the reason is that i have a LOT of mental issues...generalized anxiety disorder, panic attacks, social anxiety disorder, depression, OCD, and i'm schizotypal which has been causing me a lot of depression lately.  the most important anxiety i have is drug-related anxiety.  it's new but i've been having panic attacks with every new drug - street, prescription, or otc - that i try.  for that reason, i'm too afraid to get on any medications for my mental issues.  but weed makes all of my problems go away - it's like the wonder medication for all of that stuff that makes it unbearable to live inside my head.  so i've basically been treating myself with it for 2 years smoking about an 8th a day.

well, i quit yesterday for my parents and religion...and i was fine the whole day at work but within 3 minutes of getting home i was smoking again.  it's just SO HARD to live inside my head without it.  and now trying to get back into christianity is causing me a lot of confusion, guilt, shame, hopelessness, and basically making me even crazier than i already am.  so more than ever i want to smoke...i don't feel like i can make this lifelong change for God.

basically, what i'm hoping is, the first few days will be like this but after that i won't even want to smoke.  a year ago, i had to quit for a month because my parents were drug testing me and kicking me out if i failed.  well the first three days i was stuck in the hospital anyway so even though it really sucked not being able to smoke, i was forced to get through those couple days, and then after that i really didn't want to smoke anymore.  but that happened before all my anxieties & problems showed up, when being sober didn't mean being crazy.  now i don't know if the craziness will ever go away.  how am i supposed to live like this for the rest of my life?  i'm literally crazy...and extremely depressed.  i don't feel like i can really give it up.

so i know weed usually isn't this addicting but it's my sanity....letting go of it means the end of my mental stability.  can i do it???
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
198154 tn?1337787265
Theres NO physical addiction to weed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
217599 tn?1202850952
religion isn't what you need honey,  relationship is.  God loves you with a perfect love, and He will help you with all of the mental things.  I am going to pray for you right here and now.   Lord Bethany needs your physical touch.  She wants to go clean for herself and for You.  I know You can help her, and i know you can heal her mind.  I speak now to Behtany's mind, be restored.  you must line up with God's plan for her.  Bethany, be healed in Jesus name.  

I realize this may be offensive to some, but bethany deserves the best and that is what I am offering her.   hopefully you can all accept that.

Lucy
Helpful - 0
i hope so...i have turned into a health freak lately so maybe it will have some positive effects on my mental state.  i'm just scared because all of my mental problems (well almost all of them) were caused from my ecstasy use...i did it way too much and i messed my head up big time.  and i know it's bad, but i don't know HOW bad since i haven't ever really had to deal with it sober.  the longest i've had to go is a couple hours, and they were always spent bawling my eyes out for whatever reason i could find (not cuz i wasn't smoking, just because the sober me really is crazy).  i can't imagine living like that all the time.  so even though it's all caused by physical problems in my brain (i'm assuming my serotonin reuptake thingies are shot), do you think i'll start to feel better just from mental clearheadedness?
Helpful - 0
I believe weed does cause addiction. I watched my boyfriend who smoked all day and night quit cold turkey about a year ago. About 3 days into it he was waking up sweating, having nightmares, shaking really badly during the day and he was extremely angry, he also couldn't eat and felt sick to his stomach. Things eased up about 2 weeks into it and now he has been weed free for about 1 1/2 years.  Hang in there the first 2 weeks are the worst.
Helpful - 0
most of your symptoms are made worse by weed.

stop for a month or 2, take lots of amino acids, and see if you feel better.

$10 sais you will.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.