Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

withdrawels

i was taking anywere from 30-90 mgs of methadone a day. i quit cold turkey 8-9 days ago and i cant hardly work, my muscles ache severely i cant eat, sleep, or function physically. how long will this last and is there anything i can do to help?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
214607 tn?1287677559
Well, everyone is different my dear. The good new is the worst is over, bad news is its not over. Some people W/D for a month or longer, and some just days...It all depends.

Look up the Thomas Recipe. It will give you a list of Vitamins that will help you with lack of energy and all the  nutrients that you have been missing.

Get some Melatonin, from the drug store, it is cheap and over the counter and will help you sleep.

Get some ICY/HOT for your muscles and get a heating pad, take lost of warm baths..this will help with the Restless LEgs and achey joint/muscles...

Hope this helps....

Good Luck, Lisa
Helpful - 0
wow, good job. You were on a fairly high dose of methadone and you HAVE gotten through the worst.  I am on day 8 now of quitting a 250-350mg of hydrocodone a day habit. I'm in this with you and know how you feel.

Good Luck,

Dan
Helpful - 0
thanks for the help.. i will try all of it..
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.