Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Friends----too many to list

I am feeling much better today. I think that with me it is everything now and sometimes I have little patience. I do feel that we will return to our old selves and it will take time. The foolish thing that I did (taking more pills) really didn't help me at all. It just depressed me even more. If you think that taking some pills is going to magically change you back to your former self, you are sadly mistaken. It just prolonged my recovery and I got nothing from it. Today I pick myself back up and work on the task at hand. Staying off these miserable yellow pills and working towards a happier future.

I love you all and pray for you. I know we can do it.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!! I am so lucky to have met you all and will always be here for you.

Love to you and yours,
Tim
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks for the e-mail my friends!!!! I love you guys!!!

Tim
Helpful - 0
I'm glad you are feeling better today, bud!!! The "low" days are awful, aren't they?? You didn't delay your recovery...you merely stumbled along the way, lol!! I always try to look at the positive side of things, and the good side of this situation is that at least now you know that taking the pills only made you feel worse, not better. If you hadn't taken some yesterday, you might have taken some further along in your recovery, when you were craving that "high" again. Now you've gotten it out of your system, and know it didn't help you at all! Who cares about the past! Today is a new day!! Enjoy the day, bud!! Love, Em
Helpful - 0
Hey darlin,

Thanks for the post. I am feeling much better today and hope you are doing well. Yesterday was a bad day for me and I just decided to learn from it. I have no more pills down here and no plans on getting any. I am just going to carry on and get healthy.

How are you doing today? I hope you have a great day and much happiness.

Love,
Tim
Helpful - 0
Hi Tim - it is so nice to see you! :)

Em's right..yesterday was a minor setback - you have learned from it.  We will just move on now.  You do sound much better today!  

How was your evening - did everything go ok? I missed you yesterday evening -I was thinking about you all evening - praying that you were ok!

Love ya sweetie!

Shelby
Helpful - 0
Last night was great and I feel much better today. Thanks so much for the support. I just have to pick up and move on with recovery. I know there are not any pills at home or down here. I kind of flushed them down my throat on Monday. It was a bad day and I am just going to file it away.

Hug to ya,
Tim
Helpful - 0
Hey there friend,
It doesn't mean you are back at square one.  You didn't magically lose everything you have learned about recovery just because of the pills.  It just means a setback in the accumulation of days.  Your body may react a bit.  Just consider it a bumpy-out-of-sync-taper (smile).    Your gonna be ok, keep on keepin' on.

I am so glad you are back.   It wouldn't be the same without you here.  Did you catch some fish?
Helpful - 0
Thanks so much for your support. We did catch some fish and the boys were happy. I was just acting out my pleasure for them. It depressed me so much that something I love to do just wasn't the same. If I had been on pills it would have been different. Maybe I would not have taken the time. I am just going to move forward. It did affect my body and think it really brought me way down. I had a nice dinner with the wife and we had a long talk. I even got a backrub last night and she is great at that. I feel so much more relaxed today and ready to move on with recovery. It is raining today and that means my wife goes shopping. I am enjoying some peace and quiet. :) The gang will be home in a few hours and probably play some board games.

I wrote you a post below.

God Bless,
Tim
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.