Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
182493 tn?1348052915

Day 6.. I am so lucky..

Day 6 here after 2 and half years of pill abuse and 10 days of Suboxone detox. I am feeling good. I didn't feel strong enough to go swing dancing with my hubby last night... but he had a good time with friends of ours. Other than feeling a little weak I am sleeping well, tummy troubles easing up. Anxiety is minimal.
I went back and read my post from last night and I am just so lucky... those that have supported me through all of this. My hubby who is amazing despite not understanding at all. At our wedding last month he sang the song "The Luckiest" to me with the pedal steel player...  The song is by Ben Folds. I was reminded
of it today as I read through my posts and others. Reminded me of my hubby as well as how lucky I am.....here it is

I don't get many things right the first time
In fact, I am told that a lot
Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls
Brought me here

And where was I before the day
That I first saw your lovely face?
Now I see it everyday
And I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

What if I'd been born fifty years before you
In a house on a street where you lived?
Maybe I'd be outside as you passed on your bike
Would I know?

And in a white sea of eyes
I see one pair that I recognize
And I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you

Next door there's an old man who lived to his nineties
And one day passed away in his sleep
And his wife; she stayed for a couple of days
And passed away

I'm sorry, I know that's a strange way to tell you that I know we belong
That I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest
12 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
214607 tn?1287677559
Steph, I have chills all through my body. YOu are one lucky girl...Beautiful..

Congrats on day 6 and feeling better. I am so proud and happy for you...

xo, Lisa
Helpful - 0
216878 tn?1196037520
You are doing GREAT my friend..........I am so proud of you!
Stay Strong, and before you know it, you will be the "old you" again, well it'll kinda be like a "whole new you" a better you....You Go Girl!!!!!!!

Hopeless
Helpful - 0
192332 tn?1189755828
Congrats!You are doing great.It can only get better.Keep up the good work.
I'm doing good with my taper too.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
THanks buddy, so glad the taper is working out for you... do you still have pain from the surgery?? Remember that steady stream will help out in the long run. YOu are doing awesome my friend..
Helpful - 0
52704 tn?1387020797
   : )
Helpful - 0
192332 tn?1189755828
Thanks for the support.Yes i still have pain in my knee.I would rather have some physical pain than the mental pain from the pills.I am kind of worried about starting physical therapy because last time i was taking plenty of pills before and after to keep the pain down.I will just have to use a lot of ice as that helps with pain also.I WONT!cave this time.as a matter of fact i had my surgeon reduce my pills from 10's to 5's so i won't be tempted to take more.That's a first.LOL
Talk to ya later.Thanks again.you've been great.Bruce
Helpful - 0
after 16 years in 12 step recovery i found myself detoxing from pills?

pills are mean, they will wait, quietly for us, for a long long time (ever) and when we feel good, or when we feel bad, they will sing sweetly in our ears, and tell us it'll be ok.

keep both eyes on them.

never forget what it was like when you wanted to be free of them but couldnt.

and enjoy your freedom completely.......unconditionally.........

congrats keep going..............

pills are only ever a medicine cabinet away,

be careful,

be wise,

Helpful - 0
I enjoy all your postngs. Glad your feeling better each day. IF I WERE TO SEE YOU AT A MEETING, I'd definately approch you, For a sponser or something. You give out a feeling of caring, warmness,and i've always thought you give out aota of knowedge. I'd deninately want you for a friend with a face if we were to cross paths in real life. lol
Helpful - 0
Just wanted to join in and tell you how happy I am for you - you have made it, and you have so much going for you.
Good luck on the next and wonderful step of your married life.
Take care - did you check your email?
Minnie
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
yes I got your email.. thanks
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
It's is so very good that you are posting your success.  I know you might be feeling like, posting every day.... what if I fail??  But every day is a huge milestone and you have 6 successes in a row.... we'll worry about day 7 when it comes, yes??...CONGRATS!  

You know that I went back on.  I was backed into a corner, real or perceived, but enough for me.  I will probably be on for 6 months.  This is a loose plan, but I'm giving myself the time and freedom.  considering the alternative ... I chose the suboxone.
Helpful - 0
Hello FL, Can you answer a question for me? When you switched from methadone to suboxone how many mgs of methadone were you taking?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.