Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

im having a benzo issue

Ok guys its been 18 or 19 days off the hydro's ..and some of you know i tried to stop my xanax but the wd's got too bad from going off both c/t so i picked up some ativans and then got a few xanax and now im out and i cant my xanax til saturday grrrr
so...any ideas how i can stop wd's or anything at all?
im hoping that someone will call me with either one of those so i can avoid the wd's of those again for now.
what a tangled wed we weave i guess huh
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
177036 tn?1192286635
Maybe try suboxone?
Helpful - 0
It is very dangerous to go CT with benzos. Can you get to a detox?
Helpful - 0
211417 tn?1189755822
Oh no!  Suboxone doesn't work for Benzos, only narcotics!

God luck though honey!
Helpful - 0
i cant see my dr until july 11th...that was going to be my question for him in my visit was how to get off the xanax...i have effexor but its not a benzo..and i dont want to take it if i will feel wacky. he had told me a few months ago to try the effexor and see if it worked but i was well on the loritabs and xanax and felt great( saracism here).  I was offered my old job back which will have me moving about 400 miles away from here to the beach and to beat it all it was my ex husband that offered it so i was planning on going to the beach with my kid this weekend so she can see him and i can get the arrangements and so on and basically see if we can live once again in the same state lol and well for that and other reasons im afraid to make the trip without the benzo's.
my ex husband is as straight as they come and upper class and he will ring my bell if i show signs of anything while there..not to mention the very well paying job he is offering will get tossed. make sense?
i had the plan to move by the end of july and that would give my dr here time to taper or w.e me off the xanax..i just have to make it to the 11th ..ya know?
plus im having to plan the move , rent this place, and deal with starting over again all at the same time..and im babbling but i drink alot of coffee today while trying to figure this out..sorry..coffee may be my next thing i kick. j/k
Helpful - 0
211417 tn?1189755822
Could you go to a minor emerg. or a clinic and tell them you are about to go off CT and you know you can't do that, maybe they will give you some valium or something to hold you over until then.  They do that here in Austin.
Helpful - 0
hey sister - i don't know how much you're taking... is it alot?

are you worried about w/d 'cause you're on alot, or the anxiety that comes on if you ned one/that it helps?

-mj
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.