Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

questions about sub

i have read so many good things about sub on here..i am going to find a doc here and do it..i am ready..For the ones on it or have been:
can you drink alcohol on it?
can you still take your SSRI
is it expensive?
can you do it without your insurance comp knowing?
and can you take benzo with it?
thanks for any responses in advance
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i bought a 30 tab/8mg tablet bottle from a friend for $150.  I have heard that they are very $$$.  I live in a remote area and couldn't find a doctor to prescribe them for me.  My insurance does cover the meds, it's just that I couldn't  find a doctor that would prescribe it.  they seem to be afraid of high maint junkies harrassing them i guess.  it's not that there aren't doctor's in my area even, they said they weren't taking new patients for sub, you can call your insurance company and ask them if they will cover it, and if you google suboxone you can find several websites that give you doctors in your area who are auth to prescribe it.  just make sure, if you decide to go on it to wait until all the opiates have left your system.  i went into pretty horrible withdrawls today because i took too much sub and too soon.  all the wonderful angels on this site taught me a lot today and helped me through a horrendous day.  it's 6p and i am definitely feeling bettter.  this is only my first day on sub, so i don't know anything about the other questions you asked.  i am going to keep posting thoughout this week to let people know how it is detoxing off of heroin and methodone with suboxone.
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Yea sounds like this will be the best thing for you... make sure you realize that it is a different drug and 1/4 of a pill you WILL feel.... starts slow 2mgs and hour for a while until you are comfortable... it will be OK>>>
fish
Helpful - 0
Can someone answer the rest of her questions?   I am curious too.
Helpful - 0
Hey man- Sub is an absolute miracle drug!! At least it has been for me. Alcohol is ok except if you decide to drink more than 2 or 3, then you risk respiration problems, but you won't have the desire to drink or do anything illicit. It truly makes you feel normal and full of energy and you will have a high on life type feeling. The insurance companies are cool about it, they are very expensive if you don't use them e.g. My 70 tabs per month are 25.00 as opposed to 427.50!! If you decide to go this route and I hope you do, you should totally committ yourself to a new start, believe me Suboxone will help you do that!! Good luck and God bless!!
Helpful - 0
Yes, you have to play around with dosages to find your right one.  I think 8 mgs in mornign than 8mgs in afternoon, than 8mgs at night (if you like to stay up late).  this will do the trick.  Just make sure you are really leaving it under your tongue without talking, swallowing too much.  best way is to lay down, with it under your tongue and let it dissolve.  Do not accept any interuptions where you have to talk.  Give it 1/2 to 1 hour to kick in.  It is a lifesaver.  If dosage seems too high for you, cut them in half.  take full in morning, 1/2 in afternoon, full at night.  whatever works for you.  trick is, you really have to let it dissolve fully. Don't talk, eat, drink until it is completley dissolved.  Make sure it is really UNDER your tongue.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.