Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

inspiration for newbie's

Most of you on here know me by now but for thoes of you that dont, i am a 44 YO recovering from a long time Tramadol addiction. My bout started with a back problem and 2 years later and thoucands of pills ' i found myself in a bad situation. I was massivly addictided to TraMADO, taking in excess of 30 to 30 tabs a day.. Couldnt function without it untill i had no choice. My dr found out i had 2 doctors and was taking 5 times the legal dose and she cut me off. I was faced with going CT with no other option. I was so scared and so freaked out because i knew what i was in for.. The first week was hell. i didnt sleep couldnt eat had the runs so bad by butt was bleeding and shaking all over. I had horrible night sweets panic attacts and was a emotionsl train wreck. crying all the time craving the drug overwhelmed me and i was deeply depressed. I had to go it alone My partner didnt undeerstand how i felt and couldnt support me.. As each day passed i thought i would never feel better. but as time went on i did.. It has been 54 days sebse that first day and i can tell you i didnt think i could do this. But i did it and so damn glad i did.. I was willing to face taking pills the rest ok my life because i didnt want to face the WDs. But thank God i was forced to do it. Any of you tthat are getting ready to quit or recently have please remember this ok " i am a very week person when it comes to pills and i can tell you this if I CAN DO IT ANYBODY CAN. Log onto this fourm read everyone stories and keep going one day at a time. You can di it as i did.. 54 days ago i was worring about hoe to get pills and panicing when i got low and i left that life behind me to never look back.. Thank God and everyone on this fourm that answered my posts i am clean today..Its a good life free from pills and you can live it to if you try hard enough and pray for recovery. I love you guys and just wanted to post and share my story so mabe others can be clean for 54 day and counting as i am. God Bless you all and keep going every day clean is a battle won in the war...jeffjeff
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks so much for sharing...you are right, i am so glad i found this board also, i had no one to ask about w/d's or talk to about it..Thought i was alone..Even though i am still using i am planning on stopping as soon as i am healed from my surgery..i know it sounds like an excuse but my body can't handle w/d's right now..I am thinking about sub..i have found a doctor here..So i will make an appt, as soon as it is time..I will also post everyday to let everyone know..I am scared to death..Can you tell me if you took anything to help you while you were going through it...for some reason i never though traradol was addicting, i have used it before...But my DOC is hydro's..
i will go to GNC and get everything people has talked about...
I am so happy for you, and i can't wait to my life without this cloud over my head, of do i have enough, or can't even go on vacation cause i am counting the days and pills..Or everywhere...TERRIBLE...You ae a great inspiration to this board..Thanks for sharing..
God bless you and your road in recovery!!!!
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
awesome! that's what this site is all about!!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
Thank you for sharing your story.  I am 23 days clean and I am so, so happy not to have to worry about how many pills I have anymore!  I hated that they controlled me.  I am still a work in progress but it is soooo worth it!

Shelby
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.