Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Suboxen withdrawal

I have been off vicodin for about 2 months with help of suboxen.
I have tapered down to about 1 - 1.5 mg/day.  After 24 hrs.
withdrawals kick in.  I can't seem to get off suboxen.  How do I
completely quit without the withdrawals?  How long will withdrawals last??
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
401095 tn?1351391770
this is an old post from 2007..if u post a new question u will get more response
Helpful - 0
Anyone know how long subs stay in your system? I need to know asap. I have been clean for 2 yrs, but w the help of this pill.
Helpful - 0
306867 tn?1299249709
Alot of people have headache's during withdrawal from pain killers. So I guess it could be him going off the sub.  How long has he had it ?
Helpful - 0
i was wondering does coming off of subxone give you a really bad head ache?
Helpful - 0
it's worked for alot of us here... but i would highly recommend he does it under a doctor's supervision.

and yes, it is another drug.  although the Sub compared to painkillers is night and day... you're not "high" and you totally get your life back.

but unless he has some sort of plan/program, i worry that it won't get taken properly, and for the right amount of time...

quitting btw, is the easy part...  staying clean is where the work REALLY kicks in...
Helpful - 0
my boyfriend is trying to kick snorting painkillers...i want to help him...he has gotten a friend to give him some suboxene to help him...i don't think it's a good idea, isn't it just another drug? I'm not ignorant to how hard it is to kick anything...i just want some advice. is it a good idea? He seems to think it is...
Helpful - 0
my boyfriend is trying to kick snorting painkillers...i want to help him...he has gotten a friend to give him some suboxene to help him...i don't think it's a good idea, isn't it just another drug? I'm not ignorant to how hard it is to kick anything...i just want some advice. is it a good idea? He seems to think it is...
Helpful - 0
Also, FLaddict said that when she went off the sub that the withdrawals were mild, not too bad (at least in comparison with cold turkey).

Best of all
tzt
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I weaned down to as little as 0.5 before coming off.. I did have about 24 hours of chills and sweats two days after stopping the Sub. I was only on it for 10 days.. You will have some mild WD this drug does not erase them completely.
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
I'm on suboxone too and I'm thinking of a long taper that involves miniscule amounts during each drop... does this seem like it might work... it seems that you are on such a low dose now... wierd huh???  Please let us know if something works AND have you tried clonidine???  it really helped me when i quit the sub for a while.
Helpful - 0
Well Fladdict said she had it for five days after going off, w/d's subsiding a litlle
more each day. Myself i'm too chicken **** to go off at this time. I've been on it for five weeks.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.