Aa
A
A
A
Close
221182 tn?1199263667

lots of years of methadone and ativan goin the hard way....C/T

Hello
   Fellow humans I am on your forum now to probably more than anything have some folks to talk to while going through this AGAIN, and to well if nothing else it will be a documentation of what happens like in the event I should croak..HA...I have been checkin out your site for a couple of days and think you are a pretty sincere lot...Now in a word or twenty I am getting off of methadone cold and ativan have done it before but was a lot younger..series of serious back problems has me hooked..getting off of 80mg methadone and 2 mg ativan a day..been on for about 4-5 years this time not looking forward to it, don't have to got some still but in the interest of keeping this short have decided to..Question is do you think in about a couple weeks  or so when I start having it all out my system I should try suboxone?
don't want to swap one habit for another Thanks All
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Welcome to our group, I to am coming off methadone, and nearing day 14 so if I can help you make it through please don't hesitate to ask any questions, and as a word of encouragement I am 55 so don't let you age be a factor.  I just posted some information in my post above yours that you might want to read, I believe it can help you.  

I wish you the very best, and if i can help in anyway please don't be afraid to ask.

As always.
Best of luck, and keep the faith
Ren  
Helpful - 0
is subuxone used for chronic pain or is it just to help with wds ?
Helpful - 0
221182 tn?1199263667
Hey Now
   I have always heard that it was good for withdrawals and then to dis-continue down the line, as far as chronic pain I dunno but if it keeps you from using I reckon that would be a bonus even if it did not relieve the pain. maybe someone else has taken it for chronic pain and can answer that...
Helpful - 0
my .2 cents.

my 'pain' was actually much less when i quit the pills.

you may find your more comfortable off than on, weird i know, but more than 1 person has had the same experience.

its definately the right thing to do to quit.

but it aint easy,

good luck.
Helpful - 0
thnx for the response but maybe i should have said more i"m not using pain meds right now but i see so many people on subuxone and i know alot of people are dependent on or addicted to pills because of using for pain.so i was just wondering if it was used for chronic pain also i read on a couple sites that sub and benzos ( i dont use those either) are a dangerous combo. there is 100s of sub sites and i only read a couple.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Sub can be used for chronic pain.. however I have read horrible storries of people using it for that reason. it messes with pain receptors in a different way.. people could no longer get pain control from it or any other med after treatment..  Sub now is really used for getting through WD symptoms.. if taking it after that period of time its really just a band aid.. there so many healthy ways to get and stay clean that doesn't require putting more opiates in the body... You can't fight fire with fire
Helpful - 0
thnx,,again i"m not planning or need to use it , just curious
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I didn't think you were but thought I would throw that tid bit out there... apparently it creates new pain receptors.. it the normal addict really getting clean its not such a big deal.. in a chronic pain person some said they just never felt normal again and that SUb messed with their brain so much no longer could they get relief from morphine or other meds..
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.