Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

information needed on withdrawl

Hi. new here, and need a few questions answered. I like everyone else here,started with a injury, and ended up addicted. I have been on hydrocone for about a 1 1/2 years now. I do 3 to 4 5/500 per day, and that is down from 6 or 7.I need to know about how long im  in for with the withdrawls. and what can i expect. Please advise me I need to know.  thanks
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
195648 tn?1231812118
Everyone is different although you will most likely feel like you have the worst flu of your life.  Honestly, I HAVE had worse flus and I HAVE flet a lot worse; i.e. when I was pregnant and when I went into labor so there are worse things.
For me it's not the achiness or the sneezing or the feeling generally shitty it's the restless arms and legs.  It's impossible for me to get comfortable.  the achiness I can take.  You will definitely need immodium as your body flushes it out.
I say the worst of the worst will be within 72 hours as it takes 3 days to get out of your body, with day 2 being the absolute worst (usually).  After that I was able to get up and actually leave the house although I was extremely weak.
I suggest eating well, drinking tons and I mean TONS of water to help get rid of the poisin, taking vitamins, exrecising (Iknow it sounds INSANE to think of exercising but it releases endorphins and your body has been depleted of them) and taking HOT HOT HOT showers and/or baths, if you have access to a sauna, GET IN IT.  
I remember on the third day I felt "well" enough to get into a shower after lying in bed wishing for death for over 48 hours, and when I did I felt like a million bucks.  I stayed in that stemaing hot shower for an hour and that's when I got dressed and left the house to go for a walk.  I wasn't sick to my stomach but some people are.
The important thing I held onto during all of this is that I spent so much time NOT feeling anything that the pain of it all was almost welcome.... like I said, the ONLY thing I couldn't stand that was clse to driving me back to taking a pill (and I quit c/t with over 50 pills STILL in the bottle) was the restless joints.  It was unbearable but not everyone gets that.  I heard bananas help because they have potassium and requip for restless legs helps too oh and Hyland's Restful legs.... people swear by it and you can get that OTC.
If you are able to get to a dr and get some valium or xanax (for short term use only) that will relax you because anxiety is a major factor for some people and maybe get some ambien or lunesta because sleep is the last thing to return to normal.
Good luck to you!!        
PS
I don't know how you feel about GOd but I prayed A LOT and I posted here.  One post said "not doing too bad" and then 5 min later it read "I want to die" ahahhahah  Your emotions will be all over the place as the drug tricked us into thinking we felt "good" for so long.  Our brains need to re-adjust and it needs to be able to produce that feeling of euphoria on its own.  
Just one final thing.. I see you tapered down already.  When I quit c/t I was taking about 10-12 vic ES a day for about a year but I found that I was able to stop without any problem until about 3 months before I quit so for 10 months I was able to stop and only experience headaches.  By the time I quit I couldn't even make it through the night without taking one or I would be in horrible pain.  I am a recovering alcoholic, 5 years sober from alcohol and cocaine and pot.  I got started on the pills because of a back injury and a horrible pregnancy FULL of horrendous pain.  My ob/gyn prescribed them to me.  By my 3rd day off of them I felt so clear headed for the first time in years.  I knew I shouldn't have started with them as I have an addictive personality but I did anyway.  It was my fault but I tell you on Day 3.... it was GLORIOUS to not have to worry about getting the next bunch of pills or wonder how I would make the ones I had last etc.  The fog was lifted in EVERY sense of the word.  
You CAN do this!!!
I will say a prayer for you.... Welcome and keep posting!!
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Average is 5-7 days with days 2-4 being the most intense.. You are not on too high of a dose and have not been using them too long.. so no long term damage has been done hopefully.. If you are on day 2 you are almost there... should start feeling better in a day or two.. keep it up
Helpful - 0
195648 tn?1231812118
Hello there... are you a man??
I had to ask because the massive ***** comment is hysterical and only a man would write such a thing.. no offense!!
:)
Helpful - 0
195648 tn?1231812118
Hey there.  How are you sweets?  I have been wondering how things are going for you.
I'mabot to quit AGAIN.  I know I know.....  I have been suffering from some stuff and pills were my only release from the pain but once again I find that I just cannot live like this.  I have a few things to help me but it's gonna be bad.  Last time it was 10 vicodin ES a day not it's upwards of 20 10mg percocets..... but it's only been for a verry short time this time around so I'm hoping and praying for the best......I don't know what I am going to do for the actual pain though but I know I'm done...
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I am well.. no complaints here...  glad to hear you are getting ready to take the plunge again.. I know you have had a hard time.. keep at it and it will happen. That is what I had to do... If you need anything I am here.
Helpful - 0
195648 tn?1231812118
It's a constant battle and I need to stay vigilant.....
You're a true success story and you should be proud... we all are!!!
Thanks......
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Your dose isn't that high so count your blessings that you're doing something about it.  Clonidine works very well at your level and the dox have no problem prescribing it if you tell them why.  It's a blood pressure med and is also prescribed for WD symtoms from opiates.  Good job recognizing your need to get off...
best
Fish
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.