Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

shelby74 planning for "D-day"

thanks for the "Thomas Recipe".i also copied a taper schedule for hydrocodone. do i use these together? or the "Thomas" only after being c/t? ive been using hydrocodone for at least 3 yrs.i try to keep my tolerence down as much as possible.right now i average 2-6 '1000 pills' a day.my script reads 10-650. even at this rate i still am usually shakey,anxious,& very cold.amazingly they sometimes still work for pain!
im having back surgery soon and after recovery am planning to get off these emnf-ers forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they have already affected my hearing, sight and i cant remember shi! i realize this will be the battle of my life-for my life and am trying best to get ready.u seem 2 know alot & i value your advice.thanks          
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi hun,

You can use the Thomas Recipe when you taper.  Even when you taper, as I am sure you know, you are going to have withdrawal symptoms.  I have used for 10 years and I have used them together when trying to get off the cr*p.  Just a warning - tapering is hard.  Ask your Doc for help after surgery.  Let them know, after the intial pain is over, that you would like to taper.  That way they will only prescribe you so many.  Also, get a friend or loved one to keep your pills for you and only give them to you at certain times.  Remember, that pain will be more intense when you are tapering or cold turkey for that matter.  You will feel worse then you actually are.  Your brain is going to need time to adjust to not having the artificial opiates around.  Just give it time and stick to the recipe.  You have taken  the first step in fighting this monster - I am so happy for you!  Anything you need just let me know!

All my best,

Shelby

Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Also, don't forget the clonidine..... that takes at least half the wd's away!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.