Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I am seriously scared, HELP!

I hope someone can help me, I am freaking out! I am currently taking 8mg of SUBOXONE 3 times a day, my husband and I are always careful when we are "friendly", I seriuosly fear pregnancy while using, I have had one other scare while still on the pills... ANYWAY, we had a fluke accident and I am really scared.

Has anyone here been an suboxone and been pregnant? I haven't had much luck finding info on what to expect. I sware I wll NEVER have sex again!!!! (well until I am not dependant on something):)
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
First of all you need to find out if your pregnant or not...if you are, I would think the best thing for your baby would be to wean off the sub because this is a fairly new drug and they really don't know what the ramifications could be to your baby. I know this is a difficult time for you but you Can do what is right for all concerned.

Remember 9 months is nothing compared to the rest of your life with a child with difficulties. I really don't mean to sound harsh however, your child dosen't have a say in this matter. But you do. Good luck with everything.
Helpful - 0
THANKS everyone!

I finally hit rock bottom and decided to try sub, I want a child and I would absolutley never do anything to harm my baby. I have to ask the doc about the situation, till then I'll be praying!
Helpful - 0
16. Is SUBOXONE safe for use during pregnancy?
A: SUBOXONE and SUBUTEX are both classified as Pregnancy Category C. There are no adequate and well controlled studies of SUBOXONE or SUBUTEX in pregnant women. SUBOXONE or SUBUTEX should be used during pregnancy only if the potential benefit to the patient justifies the potential risk to the fetus.

Helpful - 0
Thanks for the quick response, I found that too, didn;t find much else. I am wondering if anyone here has been pregnant while on sub. What's worse? Do I taper off sub quickly and face withdrawls or do i finish my quest to be totally "clean" and continue on the sub throughout a pregnancy......Nothing to me is worth any potintal harm to a fetus, I would rather be miserable than to cause some kind of "problem" to my unborn child.

I have sometime to think about this, hopefully I am not pregnant at this time. I am already struggling with sobriety.

GODSPEED
~M~
Helpful - 0
I really don't know.  My knowledge of sub is what I read here.  Maybe call a pharmacy?  The pharmacists are usually mi\uch more knowledgeable sometimes than the doctors.  Best of luck though.
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
It might be that they want you to go on Subatex rather than suboxone because they are different... suboxone is like the antibuse of opiates.  It has an inhibitor in it....  Subatex is straight opiate (not 100% sure) and if there is a big difference a doctor should decide.
Helpful - 0
182775 tn?1209736027
Just to be on the safe side, why don't you ask the prescribing physician or the dispensing pharmacist about your concerns regarding this Rx and a potential pregnancy.

GEORGE

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.