Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
186166 tn?1385259382

soooo excited to see all of you

i cannot believe that so many of you are here.

take a moment to think back to where you all came from and how far you have come.   it has been a blessing to share this with you...i have learned so much about addiction...about each of you...and alot about myself.

i have learned that addiction is alot harder to overcome than i thought.  i never could quite understand just why my boys couldn't just stop...even when they were facing jail time if they failed another test.

i have grown to know and love so many of you...my friends.  i have learned that addiction doesn't discrimminate.   you are all wonderful ppl...mothers...wives...sisters...and daughters.  i cherish our friendships.

i have learned so much about myself.   i have learned that i cannot change the world...DAMNIT...LOL.  i have also found out that i actually have alot to offer others and i feel that i just may have helped some of you through the rough times.

thank you for staying around
kim
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Right back at ya babes.  I know I would not be this far without the help of you and the others that took me in and supported me and got me to deal seriously with my problem.  I will always be grateful.  Oh goodness, I hope I don't start tearing up...
Love,
Yogi
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
woman...you sooooo crazy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leave it to you to turn my tear jerker post into something funny...lol

i miss talking to you and everyone on the forum.

huggs,
otis (yes ppl...she has renamed me otis...lol)
Helpful - 0
In my defense of naming her Otis, you would've had to been there.  But one day when I was feeling particularly low, she asked me where my spunk was.  And it just came to me...  Otis Spunkmeister...  So if she can call me Yogi, I can call her Otis.
You know I love you Lizzie Lou.
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
When I came here I was on 100mcg fentanyl pain patches. Today is my first day with NO patch. Lizzie and the rest of you got me here. It was a long journey and it's not over, but with people like you I will make it through the w/d.You literally walked me through the steps to get well. How can I thank you all for that?? It's one of those priceless things, truly.

Hugs to all.............LS
Helpful - 0
i have always enjoyed reading your post..even though you were not an addict and it was about your sons, it was good to see someone on here from the other side..Sometimes i wish other people who are not addicts and don't understand would come here and see we are good people, alot of it started out of our hands with real pain., never meaning to hurt anyone, even though we did...
Thanks for being here
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.