Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
214607 tn?1287677559

Where is everyone going...and why, please read

I just want to vent really quick. I am 34 days clean from a three year, 1000mg a day oxy contin habit. Know one in my family or friends knew I was an addict and still do not. I had no one to talk to about it. I lost my husband to Oxy's one year ago.

Anyway, when I came to this forum,everyone was so accepting. THey helped me, gave me advice, ideas to help with withdrawal. It was a god send, literally. And now, everyone who has helped me is leaving. People aren't happy with the way the forum is going and I am so upset about it. I want those people to know how much they have helped me and I am so sad to see them leave. This sucks....Just venting...these people know who they are...I love them and will miss them and wish them all the love, luck and hope in the world....

Lisa
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
that was the most sensesable post I"ve ever read in here
Helpful - 0
221387 tn?1210933058
Hey there, Im new here. The first time I ever posted was yesterday but I find myself spending more and more time here because I need the support and definitly need the friends. So anyone talk to me anytime. I agree that it takes a long time to get to the point of not needing support, in fact most people need the support forever so they dont relapse and Ive seen at this forum that there are a lot of loving people here that care about those who have gone through the same things they have experienced. I havent exactly started the cold turkey process because Im TERRIFIED that I will fail..............but I want to for myself and my babies.
Helpful - 0
I know how you feel.  I've been here for 6 mos and have seen so many changes and so many people come and go. Some of the ones who helped me the most.have scarcely been here. People have new and different needs at different times in their lives. Some  need to take breaks, and some get busy. Some relapse and come back and I guess some just leave! You do bond more with certain members than others but our main goal is to be there for everybody and help anyone we can.  It's great to form friendships here but it makes it easier for me to remember that this is my cyber family who are helping me make my way back to my real family and friends.  The support here has been so wonderful and helpful but I think we also need to keep our feet placed firmly in the real, tangible world and learn how to live again.

Just my opinion and congratulations on your success in beating your addiction!  
Helpful - 0
I would have to say this forum was instrumental in saving my life.  It gave me a way to vent and to share my feelings with others who knew what I was talking about.  I'm sorry it is falling short for you.  I am somewhat of a newcomer here, but so far, everyone has been really helpful.  You are right though,  there are a few here that have so much knowledge.  Not sure if that is good or bad? :)  Tom
Helpful - 0
52704 tn?1387020797
Congrats on 34 days!  I always thought the first 30 days was the hardest.  

Beware of PAWS at this time in your Recovery.  It kept getting me, time after time after time . . .
see http://www.tlctx.com/ar_pages/paw_part1.htm

Try not to worry about the BS on the Forum.  It seems to go through weird cycles - has since I was first here in early 2002.  Have you tried going to any AA or NA meeting?  You may find them very helpful at this stage in your Recovery.  No need to over do it - just one or two a day would be fine for the next few months.  

Helpful - 0
Hi Lisa!

I am not going anywhere, I have just been too busy at work today.  It sucks - I miss you guys.  I always log on when I can.

As far as everyone else - don't worry.  Hopefully they will come back.  I am sad too.  I think one of the problems when you get sober is that your life becomes so busy.  Having to catch up on all the things we neglected when high.  

I am not going anywhere though!  

I love you sweetie!

xoxox

shelbs
Helpful - 0
Hi there and welcome!  Please introduce yourself if you feel like it. I would really like to hear your story!  Hope we can be of some help to you!
Peace,
Marcie:)
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Some of us are still here.  How are you doing CLEAN???  Congratulations!!!

How are you feeling??? Have you gotten energy back?  I'm still on the Sub and am... well... wishing I had never started this ride.  Doing better on it than off.  The video about opiates scared me a little... did you see it?  It's the one under HBO and the specific one I posted in comments.
BEST to you and God Bless you for being here for the newcomers.
Fish
Helpful - 0
I am confused and must of missed something, who said they are leaving??
Helpful - 0
Hey there dearie, I am still here too!  And I am not going anywhere............we still have some great people here, people I've become quite fond of and  I know I'd feel as you do if they suddenly stopped hanging out with us.......

I am so glad that you have 34 days clean!  That is so awesome, I love reading your posts and am glad you are still here.

This is still a great forum., strong members who are very loving and down to earth.  The compassion is just heartwarming.  

We still have the intermittent drama but wherever people gather this usually follows, and as long as good-hearted people like you are here it will continue to be a great forum.

Hugs.
tzt
Helpful - 0
216878 tn?1196037520
Hey hun, i am here. I just like you will need this site and all of our friends, like you said... (they know who they are).  Most of them are usually here more in the evening hours... We will see if we can find them tonight, okay? Don't give up on everyone or me...Think most of them are just trying to keep busy, which is a good thing, but i agree we need each other, even when we feel we are getting better.

I am back from my appointment, (No duh, huh?) LOL I will be here the rest of the day and tonight, i gotta go for my walk prob. gonna go around 6:00 but other than that i am going to be here.

I am so proud of you girl, you are doing so GREAT...Keep it up, and thanks for being here and helping all who need it, (especially me) your words mean so much.      ( :

xoxo
Hope
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.