Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Moraphine addiction

HI, I am 27 years old and addicted to morphine. I cannot go to rehab , and i dont wanna tell anybody i am addicted to this drug. I just wanna get off it myself with some advice from a doctor. I have been tapering down now, i have been taking 1 Greys 100mg and splitting it into three pieces, this last me 3 days, I buy the drug off the street and have tried to talk to a doctor to get a smaller mg pill to taper ever further but have had no success because the doctors right away frown at me. I am a pilot i have not flown for about 3 months and i have to complete tis withdraw fast so i can get back to work. I have been taking them for about 3months.

What should i do?

How do i stop by myself with the least pain possible without trading my addiction for another one like methadone. I wanna just taper and deal with this and never do it again i have learned my lesson about this ****.

Is there some drugs that can help me?

thank you
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
ok will try my best

Helpful - 0
thanks alot, so is my dose alot? 30mg morph a day.. what are the drugs the 2 i should ask my doc? im serious about quiting im so done this i hate to be addicted im smart and i just wanna be normal again..

should i taper i bit more?

i have these dillys 8mg..

never took them all i could get..
Helpful - 0
if you want to go back to wrk as a pilot, they WILL NOT let you fly on Suboxone. Sorry to tell you this you may just have to keep tapering and then go c/t.\keep posting everyone here will help.
God Bless,
Gypsy
Helpful - 0
YOU DO A QUICK TAPER OFF THE SUB LIKE A FEW WEEKS, BUT COING FROM WHERE YOU ARE IT WONT BE EASY
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Suboxone is like between methadone and CT... Somewhere I'm not sure where but it is like trading drugs....

Clonidine is a blood pressure med that is prescribed a lot for WD's and works... it really does... not like suboxone but it's not a narcotic either... maybe your best bet is that and ativan...

Good luck to you and especially, God Bless
Fish

Welcome to the forum by the way....
Helpful - 0
IM not sure were it is.. I have not been useing to long i just have to quit
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Yes if you want to do this fast, do the ativan and clonidine.  I don't know the FAA regulations on suboxone but it might not be good.  Although if your time frame was a couple of weeks, you could do a quick taper, with the suboxone, like GypsyGirl said.  If you have only been on it for 3 months.  You should not have that much trouble doing it without suboxone.
Helpful - 0
OK i will do that, i am going to ask for the drugs at the hospital since i dont have a family doctor. I hope they will understand..
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
You'll be OK just remember you have a job to do and you are going to feel some discomfort... just get the job done and remember the trouble you went through.... when (not if) they come back to haunt.
Gook luck... get some good movies and veg for a couple of days.
Fish
Helpful - 0
Fishmeal has good advice.  I agree.
tzt
Helpful - 0
Look below at fishmeals post. It is a very helpful link to an HBO special on addiction. I think it will help answer a lot of the questions you have. Pay careful attention to the info on Suboxone.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.