Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Ultram (PLEASE HELP)

Please help.  This is my first day off Ultram.  I was taking about 12-15 a day.  I have had withdrawl from opiates before, but Ultram worries me.  I am married with 3 kids.  One six, one 3 and my little son 7 months.  Well this is officially day 1 off Ultram.  I get this wierd wave come over me whenever I move too fast.  If I stay calm it passes.  I never lasts very long.  Back to my story I need to know can I do this cold turkey?  I had a big fight with my wife earlier when I told her but now she is being very supportive.  How long will the bad symptoms last?  Is it like other opiates?  Also I keep getting scared of people saying it took them a month to get better.  I dont have that much time.  My kids, my wife there lives move on.  My thoughts are incoherent right now so please bear with me.  If I stop now and vow to never take another pill how long before I can atleast have the energy to play with my kids again?  Please help.  I dont know if anyone surfs these forums anymore.  I just need to know this thing wont last (atleast the bad part) for more than a week.  I do not have the options of having any "care" medications liek xanax or anything else.  Will I ever be back?
12 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
CONGRATS! You can do this. If possible take some time for yourself, and get through the withdrawls. The first 4-6 days will be the worse, and then it geys better. I recommend writting your own forum; that way other people can respond. Congrats to Yoon as well. How are you doing feeling?
Helpful - 0
CONGRATS! You can do this. If possible take some time for yourself, and get through the withdrawls. The first 4-6 days will be the worse, and then it geys better. I recommend writting your own forum; that way other people can respond. Congrats to Yoon as well. How are you doing feeling?
Helpful - 0
1979360 tn?1328143865
this post is from SUCH a long time ago. it would be best if you posted your story on what's called a new thread. if you need help in doing so, just private message me and i can help you through it, if need be.

you're being smart though in choosing not to take other medications to get over the WD symptoms of the ultram and other medications. do you mind if i ask if you're currently detoxing now, or are you still actively using? like i mentioned above, try and post a new thread - that way members will be able to help you that have experience with these medications you're talking about.
Helpful - 0
1997347 tn?1327248561
For the past 17 years I have been a pill garbage disposal. I was finally cleansed from 275mgs per day of methadone (which took almost two years with 1-4 hrs of sleep per night). Got into a bad car accident several years ago and was prescribed ultram. Now I am up to about 15/50mgs per day. I have tried to quit with suboxone several times and felt great once it was all out of the system, however it just keeps calling me back.......i am so sick of ultram that as of today I am willing to go cold turkey........i refuse to take xanax, valium, or Klonopin because of the withdrawls of those i and of themselves. NEED HELP...................
Helpful - 0
I dont know if anyone is reading my post anymore.  2nd day 4 hours awake now and I cant do this cold turkey thing.  I am going to talk to my wife about going to see a doctor.  I really need help.  
Helpful - 0
Okay I been up for 2 hours and I feel like poop again.  I just feel so sad about everything and my mind doesnt work right.  My lack of energy is the hardest part.
Helpful - 0
Okay this is day 2.  The morning.  Amazingly I actually feel better today.  Im guessing thats just for the morning.  As the day wears on Im sure the withdrawl symptons will be just as bad as last night.  Also I am not really having bad diarhea or vomiting.  But the restless leg thig is killing me.  Thank you everyone for the replies.  Whos fishmeal?
Helpful - 0
Going on 5 hours now and I really feel like Im going to die.  I felt this way yesterday but I feel it more today.  Is this normal?  Im not sure if anyone is reading my posts anymore.
Helpful - 0
Welcome to our forum and I can hear the desperation in your post........it grabs my heartstrings cuz I have been exactly where you are.    YOU WILL BE OK..........you must believe that and know that it won't be easy but you can pull through this..    I was addicted to vicodin and then switched to ultram for about 10 days.  ALthough I only took  up to 6 a day (sometimes only 5) of the 50 mg pills I still had withdrawals when I stopped.   I am not sure if it was the ultram or if the ultram just held off the vicodin withdrawals.  ANyway, you should be over the physical part in about 5 days and then you will probably be tired for a few weeks but not so tired that you can't play with your babies.

Just try and take a little nap after work and go to bed early.   As if you had the flu.  It sounds like your wife understands so that is good.

get some immodium AD for diarhhea.   You can look up the Thomas Recipe on this forum and start taking the suggested vitamins and amino acids.

I agree with the tapering idea as I have read that you are not supposde to stop ultram suddenly.    I'd say go down 2 pills every 2 days until you are not taking any.

Minnie is a good one to listen too as she has more experience with this particular drug.

Best of luck
tzt
Helpful - 0
Sorry to hear about your problem, but it really is a very supportive and informative forum, so stay close.
I have also been addicted to Ultram - 12 a day - for 8 months when I stopped c/t. It can be done - but if it is possible for you, I would recommend tapering before quitting cold turkey.
Unfortunately I cannot say that it will be easy, but it can be done, you will just have to take one day at a time and remember that no one reacts in the same way, so maybe it won't be too bad for you (if possible get some sleeping pills (or OTC-stuff) in order to get some rest once in a while).
Keep posting and take care.
Minnie  
Helpful - 0
get on sub ask fishmeal
Helpful - 0
Hi, welcome to the forum... you came to the right place.  There is alot of very caring and supportive people on this forum.  I can't tell you much about ultram addiction because ultram has never done anything for me and I know it's a little different from the pain pills i'm addicted to but I know opiates like oxy's and percocets have physical withdrawals for at least 3 to 4 days.  After that it's basically mental withdrawals for a while and no energy.  Keep posting here and someone with more advice on ultram will definitely help you more.  I just wanted to tell you that you weren't alone and you will be gettin' more responses as time goes on through the night.  Alot of people post during the day so just hang around for a while.  I'm here for a while though if you need someone to talk to.  You are in my thoughts and prayers... take care and god bless, Lil.  :)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.