Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

lil rab 2005

Hi this is biglove I changed my screen name I just wanted to thank you for your comment and ask you some questions if you don't mind Why were you given oxy's and When you tried to stop were you in alot of pain all over your body I'm in pain while I'm on the oxy and When it starts to wear off the pain is unbareable I have sharp pains shooting everywhere and my bones ache I can't figure out if the pain is from an illness or from the oxy my goal is to get off the oxy and see how i feel but i don't know how to get there i need help i know i can't do it a lone but i don't know where to go any advise Thanks and good luck to you
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi, thanx for the post.  I've went cold turkey quite a few times from oxy's.  I started taking them for arthritis and fluid pressing against a nerve in the lower back.  Yes, each time I went c/t, I suffered from a constant pain from head to toe for at least 3 days.  My hair even hurt if that makes sense.  I took Advil liquid gels for some comfort but not much.  It will pass.  If it doesn't, definitely have it looked into.  It's your brain screamin' from the hills that it wants more I think.  I wish you well soon.  Lil. :)
Helpful - 0
Hey I have a few more questions hope you don't mind What are you taking for pain now and how long were you on oxycotin I have fibro which is alot like your illness aches and pains all over I also understand that wd from oxy can cause aches and pains how did you know if it was the oxy or you illness causing pain and were you in pain even while you were taking the oxy they used to take the pain away but they dont work as well anymore so i'm thinking the reason i'm in pain could be cause the body is going though wd because it doesnt have enough med in my system just a thought trying to figure this out and by the way did you need help getting off or did you do it by yourself Thanks again you've been real helpful  Mickie
v
Helpful - 0
You are so welcome... I'm so glad to help.  I've went c/t many times but I'm still on the oxy's.  I used to take at least 15 30mg or so... sometimes more a day.  Now I'm only taking 4 or 5 of them.  I'm so ashamed to admit that I can't quit them yet.  As many times as I've quit you would think I wouldn't want to go through it again but I can't seem to shake the damn things.  Sorry, I know that doesn't do you any good but I try to be very honest with my addiction.  Yes, I still hurt even taking that many because your body builds a tolerance and also, I think the damn things in general make you ache.  I did notice that my pain wasn't even half as bad when I went more than 3 or 4 days without them, so I know it was the withdrawals making my whole body hurt. After about the 3rd day or so, I could actually get out of bed without almost going to my knees.  I could actually walk without limping the first 3 or 4 steps out of bed in the morning.  I hope that helps.  Please, if you have any questions, please ask!!  I'm am so happy to help someone and the talk this late at nite definitely makes me feel better.  Thanx, Lil.  :)
Helpful - 0
I do want to talk to you you are a big help I have to fed my grand baby if you could give me a few minutes I do have more questions Thanks
Helpful - 0
o.k I'm back are you still there
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.