Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

What is going on around here?

Is this typical?   People come on in the beginning of withdrawals and then we don't see them?  I miss the friends I have made!  I am sure everyone gets busy when they start feeling better but I am sad - (not from the w/d's either just regular sad).  I hope I see you guys soon!

luv,

shel
17 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
177036 tn?1192286635
Hi Shel.... I'm still here!  Been busy trying to help all of the newcomers and all of that.... we'll have to have a "Big Joke Friday" as a party??!!
Helpful - 0
216878 tn?1196037520
I know what you are saying, i feel the same way...Miss all the ones who were here for me from day one. I am glad to see you are still here, the others pop on from time to time, but nothing like it used to be...This Sucks!!!

Love ya girl
Me
Helpful - 0
Im still here   present and accounted for...lol
Helpful - 0
Hi guys!

Fishmeal - You are on for Friday!  I am so glad to see you are still posting.  I will try to help you with the newcomers.  If not during the day today - but I will be here tonight for sure.  How are you doing?

hopeless - Sweetie it is so good to see you!  I have not been around as much only because of work.  I miss you like crazy though.  Can you log on tonight?  How are you doing?

luv you both!

shel
Helpful - 0
Hi hun!

You better be here!  How are you doing today?  You ok?  Lots of new people - now I sound like an oldie! lol

hugs!

shel
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Things are going well on suboxone... I posted yesterday on the HBO videos... you should take a look at that... some great videos on addiction and you can just watch them right on the computer.

Best
fish
Helpful - 0
How do you get to them fish?
Helpful - 0
216878 tn?1196037520
Hey hun, i will definately be on here tonight, Promise!!
Give me a holler when you get here tonight, ok?
I am doing ok, much better than i was Saturday night....Still having my ups and downs though, but guess this is normal...I wanna hear all about you tonight, wanna know how you are feeling and if you are having any cravings, and if so what you are doing to get through the days.

Can't wait to catch up with you, we need to stick together and stay posting cause it really helps...    ( :

Love you
xoxo
Me (Hope)

Helpful - 0
I would like to personally thank fish for his comments and support shown to me. As a newcomer I often feel like my posts are ignored or paid lip service to in favor of the regulars on here. It's a bit offputting. But fish has been great as has another member whose name escapes me now. I still love this forum though, it keeps me going. xxxx
Helpful - 0
I have felt that way before too, even go as far as asking if they heard me the first time. P:lease don't feel that way. Sometimes you almost have to SHOUT...HELLO.. Any home?
Helpful - 0
216878 tn?1196037520
Gotta tell you all something funny that happend to me Saturday evening...
We post alot of blonde jokes on here, and well lets just say i have one to tell all of you, and the sad part is, it's not a joke...This really happend.

Okay Saturday evening me, hubby and his parents left we were going to the races, well before hand we stopped at a shoe store so i could by a new pair of sneakers, me and hubby go into the store and i found a pair, took them to the cashier...There was a girl being trained by an older woman, The girl was a very pretty BLOND and let me tell you she had to be a natural. She scanned my sneaks and the lady training her said "Ok remember you need to make sure you always check to make sure that they are both the same size" so the blond girl looks inside the shoes and see's they are both the same size... The lady training her says "ok now you always need to make sure you have a right one and a left one" So the Blonde continues to look inside the shoes (where you see the size at) and she continues looking all over the inside of the shoes, the woman training her says "what are you looking for" the blond says, "I'm am tryng to see where it says right and left" She says i don't see anything that says that" OMG the woman training her said "you mean to tell me you don't know how to tell if you have a left shoe and a right shoe?" The blond says "well it says the size here but doesn't say left or right" The lady training her says, "it won't tell you that" "You just look at the shoes"

OMG guys, this blond was very serious she honestly didn't know how to tell a left shoe from a right shoe...My husband was standing behind me in - line and he started laughing so hard he had tears coming out of his eyes, i kicked him and said shhhhh, he said i will be outside waiting for you. It was hilarious!!! We are still laughing about it...Maybe you had to be there, but let me tell ya, just picture it....It was soooooooo freakin funny...

Okay, just wanted to share that with all of you..

xoxo
Hopeless
Helpful - 0
216878 tn?1196037520
Hope this don't offend anyone, i am also a blond...just thought it was funny...

Hope
Helpful - 0
hello - I know exactly how you feel.  I have come to understand though that everyone has families, etc and time is so limited.  I would be on all day long if not for work.  When you really need help though - yell at us - get our attention.  People care very much here - just a matter of time.  The responses might take a little while too - try to be patient - I know it's hard.  They will come though!

Shelby
Helpful - 0
First of all great story! lol

I am doing well.  I am not sure where to start.  I am close to a month now (27 days!!).  I am not sure if I told you but I took Xanax the first few days of my withdrawal - they helped.  First two weeks were rough.  Everyone here got me through that.  A week ago I had RLS - or my legs could have been sore from something - not sure which. lol  Major emotional roller coaster a lot of the time.  I cried a lot.  My moods are leveling out now.  I am starting to feel like me again.  I am not perfect but I am soooooo much better.  I did have to take a Xanax last week - major depressed for 2 days.  Since that point though I have been pretty good.  It's funny when you mentioned you hurt your knee (which I am sorry about) - I also hurt my knee this last weekend.  I twisted it and skinned it.  Feels fine now - just looks awful.  I have found that Advil works for my everyday back pain so I am lucky.  At the end of my work day my back is stiff - I am trying to stretch more.  I also have been taking my dogs for walks - well I should say they take me for a walk.  They pull me around my property - they are labs and powerful!  I am enjoying everyday things now.  The sun, smells, being able to think clearly is a big one.  I know I am by no means finished with recovery - I will always have to becareful but everyday gets easier.  I appreciate things so much more now too.  

I hope to see you later sweetie!

luv ya,

shel
Helpful - 0
Thank you Shelby, I appreciate your comment, you know, it's funny, when you feel like hell you expect everyone to jump through hoops to answer you immediately ! I know that not everybody is on here all the time so I have to learn to be patient ( not easy for me LOL ). I really appreciate this forum and even if I haven't posted much I have taken a lot of comfort in other people's trials/triumphs etc. Hey, great news on nearing the month mark ! I am really envious but I will get there eventually. Love and hugs to all who post xxx ( If i'm desperate in future I'll make sure I holler in my post headline LOL !!!)
Helpful - 0
216878 tn?1196037520
Heart of Gold, just want to tell you i will be here for you also, there are alot of times many of us are here, and alot of times we are gone. Like Shelby said, Just HOLLER yell for us...Whatever you have to do, and i promise you that soon as we can we will definately get to your post... This site is amazing, and the people here are so great. Sometimes ya just gotta be patient, i know it can be hard, cause there are times we want help like right now, LOL...
Just let me know if i can help you with anything, or if you just want to vent...

All the best to you
Hopeless

Shelby,
I am so happy to hear how great you are doing and how far you have come. I am so jealous, i have slipped up twice now, God i hate me for this...But i just keep reminding myself that this is a FIGHT WORTH FIGHTING FOR...
Sorry about your knee too!!! I know what ya mean when you say your dogs taking you for a walk...LOL, i also started walking started out doing 1 mile each evening, and now i am doing a little over 3 miles each night. I have 3 dogs, 2 little muts....and a BIG doberman, but when i take my dobby he really does take me for a run...LOL

Also, sorry about you being depressed, glad to hear it is better now. I got depressed also, and still do a few times a week. I am sure this will pass and we will soon be back to our "oldselves" once again.

I will be here alot this evening, so anyone wants to talk i will be here, i am going for my walk now but will be back within an hour or so...

Talk to you in a bit..

Luv You
xoxo
Me - Hope
Helpful - 0
Friday nite sounds great.  Great to hear from hope and shelby, and hope that was a great story.  

Heart of Gold, I am sorry if i was one of those and I have made it a point to be more attentive to the new people.  I felt the same way and seemed it took months before I started getting noticed.  Stick with it though and we are here.  I think you are right, we get busy, have so much time alloted to be online, and then rush to answer those we know.  

I will keep an eye out for your posts and am glad you are here.

tzt
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.