Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

can morphine be snorted????

so, my best friend has morphine pills, (they are prescribed) and takes them quite often, i asked him if he had a problem but he said no and i never some him take one again but recently i saw him crush a pill (that looks a lot like morphine) and snort. so im wondering if you can snort it. please help.
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You replied to 9 year old post; just so you know.

Your friends who snort pills recreationally are substance abusers and that comes right before addiction. It's interesting that you defend the activity and take offense to the term "addict."

Are you having some issued with abuse?  Start your own thread and talk about it. We'll try to help.
Helpful - 0
1796826 tn?1578874779
Lets stay on-topic all. Morphine has varying bioavailability depending on the person and route of administration (unlike other popular opiates). To answer the question asked, snorting a prescription medication is "abusing" that med, aka not taking as directed. Your friend could have a serious problem or be experimenting, it's hard to say with the info given. Depending on your relationship with them, you may want to discuss the facts (they are abusing an opiate) with them...
Helpful - 0
Welcome to the forum.....

To answer your question yes they can be snorted, hell you can snort a Bayer
aspirin if you choose to....

The difference here is only addicts snort pills and they do it to get high.......

You witnessed an addict doing his thing......should you worry yes big time.....

He has a drug problem......
Helpful - 0
1 Comments
Completely untrue! I know people that snort opiates on a strictly recreational basis, like some people only smoke cigarettes when they drink. Saying that ALL people who snort pills are addicts is the same as actually sorting a pill-dumb.
216878 tn?1196037520
Pretty much if it is a pill of almost any kind, they can be snorted..They just give you a much higher and much faster buzz is all...But i would say if your friend is snorting pills then YES he has a problem..
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
It's not something you do every day, snort pills so he has some kind of problem.  Best for you to get away maybe? (like on the fireworks, "LIGHT FUSE AND GET AWAY!"
Helpful - 0
221182 tn?1199263667
Yep that will work a-wakan
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.