A
A
Close
177036 tn?1192286635

Just came back from the Doctor

I just came back from the psychiatrist and,,,,, well,,,,, I
12 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
HEY, JUST WANTED TO TOUCH BASE WITH YOU AS YOU WERE SO KIND TO RESPOND TO MY POST YESTERDAY.....I HOPE YOU ARE DOING WELL.  I GOT A NEW BOTTLE OF HYDROCODONE TODAY (100)......I AM GONNA TRY WITH ALL MY MIGHT TO TAPER OFF.
I GOT THEM AT 12:30 TODAY AND SO FAR AT GOING ON 6PM I HAVE ONLY TAKEN 3.  THAT IS A RECORD FOR ME.  SO PLEASE KEEP SUPPORTING ME AND I WILL DO THE SAME FOR YOU......

GOD BLESS.
Helpful - 0
I agree with a previous post that doctor is full of BS

Never go back to see that idiot..........

The problem with doctors is many of them are not knowledgable in Addiction and do more damage than good when attempting to treat addicts.....

I am going for my Bachelors degree in Addiction Studies and will recieve my CAC (certified Addiction Counselor) in less than one more year........at University of Detroit Mercy....in many of my classes there are only a hand full of recovering addicts while most only experience is what they have read from a text book or by interviewing addicts......

Even my professor I sometimes have problems with the way he teaches.......
I play along and try not to make to many waves in class but it is difficult......
He knows a lot of the words but can't hear the music.......

Please find another doctor or even a CAC I think you will get much better results.....
Yes there are both permanent and temporary brain damage from long time use of opiates.........

The damaged nerve cells were in the areas of the brain involved in learning, memory and emotional well being, and were similar to damage found in the early stages of Alzheimer's disease.

The good news is most of this will come back but depending on how long your drug use was you will need time something years to get most of it back.......

Good luck to you I hope I helped out in some way.........
Helpful - 0
Wow, that doesn't sound right. I would get another opinion. That sucks that you are trying to get off of this stuff and the Dr. says something like that. Not very encouraging.

You posted that you were only addicted for 3 years? What were you taking and how much. If you don't mind me asking???
Helpful - 0
I never heard such a beautiful thing than that guy told you fishmeal about owning your soul. Thats deep. And you will be on the 50% that favours you.
Hang in thee.............................Cathy
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
That is a load of BS if I ever heard it... YOu WILLNOT have to be on it for the rest of your life.... in fact continueing to be on it will keep messing with your receptors so that they are never normal... The best thing you can do is plan on gettting off the Sub and start an amino acid treatment to get your brain back and running again so that when you stop the Sub your brain has already had time to heal.. It can be fixed it is not permanent damage... But staying on Sub for long term is a good way to not fix it... I get more and more miffed at docs everyday.. this is NOT how it was intended to be used...  The Sub is still an opiate.. it is still blocking your receptors.. it is still causing your brain to NOT produce the neurotransmitters it needs to make on its own..
Don't get me wrong I think Sub can help people... but not on a long term basis..  
Helpful - 0
Hey there friend,

Get another opinion!  Don't take his word for it really.   As a teacher I have heard so many parents go by what ONE teacher said about their kid just cuz it was "the teacher" who said it.    Believe me dr.s are the same way.  You could ask three different drs and get three different answers.  I mean, did this dr do any ekg tests on your brain or anything?  It kinda pissess me off when professionals make statements like that.  I agree, google it and also ask around and see what other drs say.

I have seen people go on to be productive, earn degrees, have famiilies, etc who sniffed paint, for heavens sake.   Not to mention those who shot up crystal meth (i think there is lye in that sh%#) and they came back.\
Hell, I shot up the stuff for 2 yrs straight and then got clean, raised 3 kids, while waitressing to earn a masters degree.  Not to brag and I wouldn't have mentioned it but i care about you and don't want you to go by this one opinion no matter how well intended it might have been.

luv ya and sendin' ya hugz
tzt
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
THANX YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!! YOU REALLY LIFTED MY SPIRITS AND i REALLY NEEDED THAT!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU.
jim
Helpful - 0
THANKS FOR ANSWERING ME.....THING IS, I AM ALREADY ON SO MANY THINGS LIKE AMBIEN, TRAZODONE, ZOLOFT, BUSPAR.........SHEESH.
AND THEN THE HYDROCODONE......WHAT IS THIS STUFF THAT YOU ARE ON THAT IS SUPPOSE TO GET YOU OFF THE HYDROCODONE?  THIS STUFF YOU SAY THE DOCT TELLS YOU THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE TO ALWAY BE ON?  IS IT A PILL OR WHAT?  AND HOW DOES IT MAKE YOU FEEL?  DOES IT REALLY MAKE YOU GET THRU WITHDRAWL SYMPTOMS?

I'M AT MY WITS END I TELL YA....BUT I GUESS EVERYONE ON HERE EITHER IS OR WAS OR WILL BE, RIGHT?

THANKS AGAIN
Helpful - 0
Jim,

I am sorry to hear you are upset...I don't understand the logic that was told to you though.  I was on opiates for 10 years.  I am already regaining some of my memory (27 days clean).  I never even went on the sub.  The brain is an amazing thing - I am sure you will be fine!  Take it from people who know!

luv,

shel
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Wow, Thanx all for the comments... you are all making me believe... Thanx.
Helpful - 0
221182 tn?1199263667
Hey fishmeal I don't know about your psychiatrist but I have seen many people come back from YYYYears of opiate abuse and all the way..Keep having faith in yourself and don't believe it, fight for you soul and you will own it. And you will come back all the way seen it too many times...a-wakan
Helpful - 0
Hey! Just hang in there, my husband said lastnight why didn't someone tell me about this before I started taking. The thing about him is that he bought them off the street to start with. I am so sorry for you and I'll be thinking of you and your family. You have helped me greatly and for that I am thankful. You know what I am pretty sure you are part of the other 50%. You just remember you are not alone and there are alot out there that simply don't care about there bodies even after they read your post.

Love Ya,
TaFaye
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.