Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I have really tried to love and help him but,

I am simple at my wits end with him. I don't want to go home anymore and I am the one that has pais 2 years worth of bills of the house. He keeps throwing this guilt treatment on me and trying to make me feel sorry for him. I have been be his side through out this whole thing. This is the thanks I get. He talks to me like a dog and I have done nothing but, love him. Love is not something that comes hard for me. I just don't think that I can take this anymore. I know it is the drugs talking I am sick and tired of the drugs. It is him he did this to himself and I and our girls have been drug through it all. I'm sorry for all of you haveing a hard time with pills it you are married or have children please for GODs sake stop before you loose everything.
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Welcome to the forum........

Your post is fairly common on this forum........

The choice was his first time he took pills he no longer has any choice.....
I can hear it in your voice that your angry and think that he has chosen using over his wife and kids......
This is not really the truth.....if he was clean you would mean the world to him but that rational thought no longer exists.......
His brain now has been seduced and taken over by addiction......
The next step is to kill the body......and along the way make victims out of everyone close to him..........and they will suffer bad in his addiction....

Your a mother and your first concern right now should be of the kids....
What ever you have to do your kids saftey and well being should be first on your list......dealing with your husbands addiction will be directly effected by your protecting and doing what you have to do to protect your kids......

Your an adult and look how hard it is for you to deal with his addiction how do you think your kids are dealing with it.....it will effect them for the rest of their lives unless you protect them........

What you have to remember is the man you fell in love with is gone at the present time.......
He needs to go into a detox and then straight to an inpatient drug rehab......then a strict aftercare where he will be drug tested and go to counseling for his recovery......

Your kids are the innocent victims and have to be removed from the insanity he lives in.......

Tell him what he needs to do to get them back and put the ball in his court....you probably already no that you cannot say anything that will snap him out of this......look at the way he talks to you and treats you he will take your love and help as threats and you are the enemy....sorry but you cannot make him get clean and get to recovery.....

Sorry if my words sting but they are the truth........and I think you already know that your words with him are futile......

Protect your kids and get him into inpatient rehab it is the only way to save your family..........

I'm here if you have any personal questions to ask please feel free I will give you my IM if you need it.........
take care, it will not be easy and you will have to be strong to fix your family but I think you already know that too........
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Sub is to be used to get through Wd from opiates.  It is not designed to take away PAWS or as a long term replacement therapy.   It does help cravings for your DOC but mainly because it is a opiate and still blocks the same receptors as opiates such as vicodin.
IF her hubby is already off pills for 12 days then Sub is not a choice for him. He is already through the initial WD phase.  Now its time for him to get some real help.. a addiction counselor, a support group. start taking good care of his health.. exercise, good nutrition etc...
Helpful - 0
195648 tn?1231812118
Only you know when enough is enough but if you decide to stay and want a way to learn to live with him whether he is using ornot, I suggest Al a Non.....
It's saved many a mariage.
I wish you luck!
Helpful - 0
"it makes you feel better then hydros" .Thats why you"ll never quit using,cause your looking for something that makes you feel better, is sub supposed to get you off hydros with mild wds or is it to make you feel better when the hydros quit working. Is physical pain even a part of your story? Whats going to make you feel better when the sub quits working. Please keep posting ,that woman who used sub succesfully is a great story to show we can get off anything,but we need to see the failures to.
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Hey TaFaye

I know that I have tried to get you to go to a Suboxone doc and all.  I have to tell you now, with all that I know, that it might be the only thing that saves your marriage.  I
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
I respect you and read your posts, but I have to say that you push sub way too much. I have read people's stories who used it to get through a rough w/d but they didn't stay on it for an extended period of time.

I have also read a few stories like yours where sub seems to be the answer. Being on it doesn't make you drug free.  I don't want anything to make me feel good. I stopped the fentanyl patches and if the w/d gets real bad I can take ultram, but I don't intend to take it. I want to feel real, not high or extra good. Sub isn't the answer to a man treating his wife badly. That women is hurting and doesn't deserve to have to get her dh on sub to be treated right by him.

This is just my opinion. It has nothing to do with disliking you because I have read many of your posts, which used to be informative and accurate. Maybe you are right. It's not up to me to say.

Take Care.....LS
Helpful - 0
You know what - I do not think fishmeal intended it as some of you took it.  He was trying to help this person - not to get him "high" on another drug.  I think some people need to relax in here and that is just my opinion.  

Shelby
Helpful - 0
216878 tn?1196037520
Awww Sweetie, I feel for you, i really do. Sounds like you have tried everything you know to do for him...I know for me, i was just really sick, and my husband was so supportive throughout this whole thing, he listend to me whining and moping around for 3 weeks. I was not mean to him though. I did cry to him alot, and complained, this seemed to help me.

Sounds to me like he wants pitty from you. He has to understand that you are there for him and love him but he can't put all the blame on you. He did this to himself you are right, sounds like he just wants someone to lean on and cry to. He does not need to treat you like a dog. He needs to understand what this is doing to you. Have you sat down with him and tried telling him how you are feeling? Let him know you love him and support him and that you will be here for him to lean on, but also let him know he can't treat you like sh**....

He is going to have emotions (this is normal) but he is taking it out on the wrong person. Have you tried talking to his Dr. maybe get him on something for the emotions he is having? There is stuff out there that can help...

Keep me informed, and let me know if i can be any more help to you.

All my best to you
Hopeless
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.