Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
216878 tn?1196037520

BETZ

I had no other choice but to go cold turkey, i ran out of pills and had no way of getting anymore. Trust me i went insane! Hardest thing i have ever done in my life. Still having bad days and i started on June 3. I didn't even want to quit to be honest with you. Just had no other choice. The first 3-4 days really sucked, but i stayed in bed (well between the bed and the bathroom)being sicker than a dog. But wheni made it to day 3 i knew i didn't want to turn back cause i didn't want to go through this all over again. OMG let me tell you i couldnt go anywhere wheni was taking the pills cause i was scared i wouldn't have enough to get me through. I cancelled our family vacation to our beach house this year cause i only had like 12 pills and i knew i wouldn't be able to go without. This is so sad. See what they do to us...
Listen i know this is hard, but if you truely want to quit, you have to be willing to go through some hard times for the forst 6-10 days...it will get better and you will be happier. I can give you a list of some things to help you through this process that will help with some of the w/d's you will have if you want me to.
Just let me know, ok?

Send me a post and if i don't answer right away i will as soon as i get on here...

All my best
Hopless
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
WELL, YOU DON'T SOUND HOPELESS TO ME....SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE SUCCEEDED AND THAT IS WONDERFUL.
YOU WERE GONNA SEND ME SOME THINGS TO HELP ME THRU THIS?  I WOULD APPRECIATE THAT.  YOU KNOW, I HAVE A FRIEND THAT IS ADDICTED AND SO IS HER DAUGHTER.  THEY BOTH SPEAK OF BEING VERY NAUSEATED FROM TRYING TO WITHDRAWL BUT I HAVEN'T EVER BEEN THAT WAY.  I THINK I QUIT LIKE 5 OR 6 DAYS ONE TIME LAST SUMMER AND I REMEMBER AFTER SO MANY DAYS I FELT WONDERFUL AND SWORE I WOULDN'T GO BACK.....WHAT HAPPENED?
AND I DID HAVE TO STAY IN THE BED AS I WAS A BASKETCASE......I JUST LAID THERE LIFELESS FOR ALL THOSE DAYS AND WATCHED TV.....ASIDE FROM NOT WANTING TO DO ANYTHING AND FEELING HORRIBLE THAT WAS ABOUT IT......OH WHY DID I GO BACK?  WELL, NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT THAT NOW....I GOTTA MOVE FOREWARD.

HOW MANY PILLS A DAY WERE YOU TAKING WHEN YOU FINALLY HAD TO QUIT?  THAT IS AWFUL THAT YOU COULDN'T GO ON VACATION......SHEESH.  THAT IS REALLY REALLY SAD.  I'M SORRY FOR YOU.  BUT NOW YOU ARE ON THE ROAD TO RECOVERY.......I HOPE TO BE TELLING SUCH A STORY IN NOT TO LONG OF A TIME FROM NOW.

GOD BLESS.......
Helpful - 0
216878 tn?1196037520
I was taking up to 10 or more a day for over 4 years...Percocets and Hydros... Trust me my friend, i am not out of the woods yet, i slipped like i said over the weekend, but trying to get back on track...

Okay here are some things that helped me...

First of all you willhave all the flu-like symptoms, stomach pain, and the runs...Headaches, and absolutely NO energy. I felt like i was hit by a truck.

*Imodium - for you stomach and the runs
*Gingerale - was all i could handle
*Bananas - like 3 or so a day, for the potasium
*Vitamin B Complex - helps a little with the lack of energy
*Melantonin - over-the-counter sleeping pill
*Heating pad - i put behind my neck and on my legs at night
*Long hot baths before you try to sleep

I could not sleep at ALL for the first 13 nights, this was the hardest part for me i think. I was so tired at night time and everytime i laid down i felt like i needed to keep moving, it was horrible...I'm not gonna lie to you...But Hun, it does get better, if you make it through the first 5-6 nights you will be well on your way. The cravings i still have them alot, but starting to ease up a little bit more with each day. For the first 5-6 days or so you won't feel like doing anything all i did was lay in bed and watch tv and cry (alot) it helped me...the crying did...LOL
This forum is amazing and i can honestly say if it weren't for this site and all the people here i know for a fact i would not be where i am today. I was never the type of person to chat online, but i swear to you just by coming here and listening to everyone and just to know that there are so many others out there just like you is so amazing. I was on this site everday sometimes all day long, just venting and talking, getting advice ect...It helps you to know what to expect next...

You can do this, think positive and stay strong...Like i said the first 5-6 days or so are very hard, but well worth it...It'll go by fast, just remember to take one day at a time, or if you have to go hour to hour....

If you ever need me or anyone here, just holler, and like i said before if i or anyone don't answer right away don't get discouraged cause we will.

If you have any other questions for me please just ask....

I wish you all the best, and just know this is possible...If i can do this trust me anyone can. I am a very weak girl never achieve what i set out to do, i am still amazed that i am still here and staying strong as i am.

Remember i will be here if you need me, ok?

Love Hopeless
Helpful - 0
THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR INPUT AND SUPPORT AND EVERYTHING.......I REMEMBER LAST YEAR WHEN I WAS GOING COLD TURKEY THOSE 5 OR SO DAYS I DID FEEL LIKE I HAD THE FLU....BUT WITHOUT NAUSEA.  I HAVE NEVER HAD THAT.....THANK GOD, CUZ THAT IS THE WORST!

HEY, IF ANYONE OUT THERE WANTS TO QUIT SMOKING, I TELL WHAT WORKED FOR ME.......LASER TREATMENT!  IT SURE DID.  I QUIT LAST SEPTEMBER 22, 2006.  ALTHOUGH I HAD A RELAPSE A COUPLE TIMES WHERE I GOT REAL UPSET AT STUFF AND SMOKED MAYBE 2 OR 3 CIGS AND THEN I WENT BACK FOR A 'TUNE UP' AT THE LASER PLACE AND I HAVE BEEN TOTALLY SMOKE FREE SINCE THE MIDDLE OF MARCH 2007 NOW........SO YOU'D THINK THEY WOULD HAVE A LASER TREATMENT FOR DRUG ADDICTS HUH?

ANYWAY.....THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE THAT HAS RESPONDED TO ME AND HAVE ATTEMPTED TO HELP ME.   I WILL TAKE EVERYTHING SAID HERE UNDER CONSIDERATION.

Helpful - 0
216878 tn?1196037520
Ya i wish they did have a laser treatment for drugs that would be awsome...
I smoke and would love to quit...That is going to be my next step after i get through this...Thanks for letting me know about that..
I hope all works out well for you...

Keep me informed, ok?

Hopeless
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.