Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Oxycontin withdrawl

I have been on Oxycontin for about 2 years and I just recently ran out and was unable to get more.  I had no choice but to stop cold turkey. It has been a VERY difficult 6 days but I am getting better.  I tried to go to the hospital but the doctors treated me like a crack ***** and let me go.  My Mom had to fly across the country to help me with my kids.  This drug is evil and once it's out of your system you feel better then ever.   To anyone stuggling with this, I recommend getting muscle relaxers and anti nausea meds. They helped A LOT. The anti nausea med I am taking is called "COMPAZINE"
     Good luck to those of you who want to quit but once you do it remeber how bad it sucks and don't go back.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
220248 tn?1204273389
read below posts oxycotin makers caught lieing about there drug f**kin people up
Helpful - 0
220248 tn?1204273389
goodm job on the six days my doc was hydro,s and eating 100mg fentanyl patches for about 6 years im on day 11 and dont feel to bad hang in there a lot of people around here can be very helpful
Helpful - 0
221182 tn?1199263667
Sounds like you found the way, what's really nice is your little ones will love you unconditionally and if you stay clean their lives will be blessed...a-wakan
Helpful - 0
So happy to hear that you are recovering.  I am sorry the way the docs treated you - they just don't care or don't understand sometimes.  And they are the ones who get us in this position.

One note on compazine...I had a horrible allergic reaction to that med.  I was given it once in the hospital and my back literally bent me off the bed and my muscles tightened.  I could not control the reaction.  It was sooo scary.  They finally gave me Benadryl for the allergy.  I had to take that for 24 hours.  

Shelby
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.