Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

My husband is on day 13 :)

OKay after 13 days sober he still can't sleep the meletonine? doesn't help at all tylenol pm either. His entire body still aches also. Whet is next his rehab is no help at all because he left 3 days before his discharge date. Our family pyh. is of no help in order to rx Kevin he needs a release from rehab. of which the rehab. won't due to the fact that he walked out. What in the HELL is next I am over all of the guilt trips that he plays on h=me none of this is my fault I am simple trying to help. PLEASE HELP ME
18 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
216878 tn?1196037520
What was he taking again? I know you told me once but can't remember.
How long has he been taking?

Hope
Helpful - 0
I wish there was an easy answer here but there is not.  He is so limited now with the doc's.  Will he consider going back to rehab?  

shelby
Helpful - 0
216878 tn?1196037520
What was he taking? How long?
Shel - do you know?
Helpful - 0
I do not know the exact dosage.  It must have been a lot if he is feeling this poorly.  Two weeks seems like a long time to be feeling this badly still.  Good question though.  I hope tafaye is still around.

me
Helpful - 0
he was taking 20, 10's a day for 2 1/2 years. He has said that he will never go back to rehab. He said it with themis all about the money. I don't think that he is hurting as bad as he is letting on. I hope I'm wrong.
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Hey TaFaye

I have heard the desperation in your posts and comments.  And maybe that's why I was pushing the suboxone issue.

I agree wih LadySundown that I might push this stuff a little too much but in this circumstance, where I was feeling the same way as he does, suboxone is the only thing that got me out of the funk.  I did not have the time, working at the studios doing special effects, (you kinda have to be right on), and helping to rear 7 children... to be in a funk for a month or two... I opted for a long very slow detox maybe a tenth of a mg per week.  Maybe, I like taking pills? If that's the case, I'm totally legal if nothing else.  

I know that I have tried to get you to go to a Suboxone doc and all. I have to tell you now, with all that I know, that it might be the only thing that saves your marriage. I
Helpful - 0
Thanks to you all and I am so glad that I found this site you all really know how to make a gal feel better. He was on suboxone? while in rehab but, only for about 4 days and he and I too feel that this wasn't long enough. He told me that all he want's is help he doesn't want to go back to the pills. I will take the advice of you all. THANKS AGAIN!!!!!

Love the crazy but effective wife of Kevin,
TaFaye
Helpful - 0
216878 tn?1196037520
I am so sorry to hear that he is still struggling - I really feel for you girl. You are doing the right thing by posting here.

I think we are just all different in so many ways, some of us can get through this within a week or two, (not totally but the major w/d's) All i can say to you is that, maybe he just needs a little more time, and i know you can't take it anymore and are ready to lose it, but it is either going to have to be this way or talk him into going back to rehab. This is a very hard thing to go through, I am still struggling, but take it one hour at a time.

You say he still isn't sleeping, I didn't sleep either, not until like my day 14 or 15, and even then was a lil hard...I also was taking the Melatonin but now i take the Tylenol Simply Sleep...It didn't work the first 14 nights or so, but is getting better.

Is he taking andy vitamins or anything? This will help with the energy a little bit.

Hope
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Hey, TaFaye,

I totally respect his will to stay off the pills and hope things work out for you... I hope he reads this site too... maybe he'll get something out of it... there are vitamins and aminos to try among just the spirit of fellowship,
best
fish
Helpful - 0
I just got off the phone with a suboxone Dr. in our area and simple explained his situation the cordinator scheduled him an appt for today @ 5. He said "most prople say within 45 min. they are back to normal" So, to you all who know about suboxone is this true and for $210.00 it better damn well be :)
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
That's the scary part... it is sooo true!  It's almost like a drug conspiracy!  You screwed up the lock with one key and opened the lock with the other.
Helpful - 0
I really hope that works out for your husband.  You are such a good wife.

Let us know how it goes.

Shelby
Helpful - 0
216878 tn?1196037520
Yes TaFaye, you are a wonderful wife - sticking by your man...
I hope this will help him, keep us informed, ok?

Hopeless
Helpful - 0
Thank You Thank You Thank You. Thank you for your support, help, understanding and most of all love. I really don't think that I am worth a **** at times to him I know I snapp but, I would never intentionally hurt him or anyone else for that matter. I just get to a point that when he plays guilt games on me I really am not a good wife trust me. I know that I could have given up on him a long time ago, and simple threw my hands up an walked off (sometimes I think that would have been easier). Then what kind of person would that have made me. I'll tell you the kind of perple that I despise. How could anyone simple walk off and leave the person that they loveand I truely love him. Sometimes I just don't like him. I told him yesterday that he could get through this with us (family) or he could NOT get through it without us. Does that make any since to ya'll. Well, he did not understand and I had to explain it to him over and over to him until he understood. Then he told me Tammy this is the last thing that I need. It has and still is all about him will he ever understand or care what he has put us through. That is what I just can't understand.

If I could find you guys I believe I could just hug you all for days. You truely helped and encouraged me.

THANKS I LOVE YA"LL,
TaFaye
Helpful - 0
It is about the drugs not him.  They do horrible things to our bodies and minds as you can see.  I know it's hard for you to understand where he is at right this minute but trust me it is no fun.  And you are a good wife missy!  

((((TaFaye))))

Hugs anytime you need them!

luv,

shel
Helpful - 0
You are such a good person. I am so glad that I met you there really are some fab. people here and I am so glad to have you all. You hang in there. When you feel that no one cares you remember that I do and will never forget you and your help. If you need me just to talk I check in and out of this site all day from 730 to 530 central time oh yea, I am in huntsville Alabama. I am only here mon thru fri no computer at home.

Hang in there girlie,
Thinking of you

Tammy
Helpful - 0
Thank you sweetie!  That us such a nice thing to say.  There are times when I feel so alone - you and the people here are amazing.  I owe so much to this place i can't tell you.

I am dying to here if the sub works for your hubby!

luv,

shel
Helpful - 0
O.k. so he has this appointment today @ 5 p.m. and for some reason I am scared to death I kinda feel if this doesn't work I'll get the blame for it all. I am really just triying to help. You can be sure if it works or if not I will let yall know. I really hope it does this is our last hope. Mom always said money doesn't grow on trees and WOW our funds are running low bills are late and all that great stuff. I guess it will be worth it in the end if it works. I promise I will let you know about suboxone as soon as I know.

Much love,Tammy
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.