Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Mangee

I know many posted to our dear friend already and maybe he is already gone.   As you know he is an elder, 80 yrs old I think, and deserves a lot of respect for that, for starters.

He posted with all sincerity about concerns reagarding childrens' health.  As we all know, this man still mourns the death of his little grandbaby who died of SIDS so he is really protective, if you will, of children.  He doesn't want anyone to feel the pain he had, not to mention his grandbaby's parents.

Sometimes before we post responses we need to look at who we are responding to and consider their intent and life experiences.  Maybe then we will be more sensitive.

Mangee feels he has outlived his "usefulness" and is moving on.

If any are up to it.  Please post and let him know we want him to stay and that he is valued here.

respectfully,
tzt
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
221016 tn?1196973461
Please don't leave this forum. Your wisdom and kindness has helped so many people on this board. When you post, it is always the first one I read. I like your stories and dry sense of humor. I have so much respect for you and you have helped me without even knowing it. You are like a balm to an open wound and keep the room in balance.

God Bless,
Tim
Helpful - 0
Please don't go away:)            
Your smarter than everyone else about this rollercoaster ride called "life"! Your experience is invalueable!
Very sorry about your grandbaby.
You know it has really helped me to share in others who are going through a bad time. It makes me feel better. Strange, but helping someone else out feels great and gets your mind off of your own problems and I don't feel so alone.
Helpful - 0
I really do respect your posts.  You have brought wisdom here that so many of us lack.  I think you were brought here for a reason and it would be very sad if we lost you.

I am so sorry about your grandbaby.  I am not sure how I could cope with that -let alone any child.  We need your strength.  Please reconsider.

Shelby
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.