Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

GETTING SCARED

GOSH, I HAVE BEEN READING SOME OF THESE POSTINGS AND AS BAD AS ALL OF YOU FOLKS ARE FEELING AFTER MANY MANY DAYS OF TRYING TO DETOX I AM SCARED TO DEATH TO TRY TO GO COLD TURKEY.  I GET PANIC STRICKEN NUTS AFTER 24 HOURS WITHOUT HYDROCODONE.
LAST SUMMER I WENT 5 OR 6 DAYS WITHOUT AND LIKE ALL OF YOU I FELT LIKE I HAD THE FLU AND WAS MISERABLE BUT AFTER THE 6TH DAY I FELT GOOD.....THEN STUPID ME WENT BACK TO THE DARN THINGS......NOW I AM TRYING TO TAPER DOWN INSTEAD OF GOING COLD TURKEY.....I DON'T HAVE ANY OF THOSE MEDS THAT YOU ALL ARE TALKING ABOUT TO HELP WITH THE WITHDRAWL.....I GO TO MY DOCTOR IN AUGUST SO I GUESS I WILL COME CLEAN WITH HIM AT THAT TIME AND SEE WHAT HE HAS IN STORE FOR ME.
A DETOX CENTER IS OUT OF THE QUESTION.  MY FAMILY HASN'T A CLUE ABOUT MY PROBLEM AND I AM NOT ABOUT TO TELL THEM.

I JUST WANTED ALL OF YOU TO KNOW THAT I AM PRAYING FOR EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU AND PLEASE KEEP ME IN YOUR PRAYERS TOO.  I WANNA GET OFF THIS STUFF BUT I DON'T WANT IT TO HURT.  LOL

I GAVE UP ALCOHOL 20 YEARS AGO WITHOUT A PROBLEM THRU PRAYER.....AND LAST SEPTEMBER I QUIT SMOKING FROM GOING TO A LASER TREATMENT PLACE......I THOUGHT THAT WAS GONNA BE THE TUFF ONE...BUT NOPE, THIS IS!  I SMOKED FOR 40 YEARS AND I DIDN'T EVEN GO THRU WITHDRAWL WITH THAT LASER TREATMENT....NOT AT ALL.
BUT I BEEN ON HYDROCODONE FOR 7 YEARS AND I AM ABOUT TO GO OUT OF MY TREE LIKE I SAID JUST 24 HOURS WITHOUT THE DARN STUFF.

ANYWAY...JUST WANTED TO TALK AND I AM VERY SCARED.  I DON'T WANNA SUFFER THE WAY I HAVE BEEN READING....GOSH, I'M IN FOR IT I GUESS.  

GOD BLESS TO EACH AND EVERYONE!
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
220248 tn?1204273389
just remember it will only last 3 or 4 days do u have to work?
Helpful - 0
222369 tn?1274474635
To be honest, mine hasn't been TERRIBLE as some people's has. I thank God I haven't been as bad as some people. I'm 4 days out from Percs and nearly 3 from a last dosage of Ultram, and things have tollerable and getting better by the hour. I credit it mostly to the use of Clonidine. Maybe others can share some suggestions and opinions (and some people may hate me for having such an "easier" detox), but think positively. Being scared is a state of mind just like this d*** addiction. Don't let the fear of what hasn't happened keep you from attempting to get better.
Helpful - 0
24 plus hours means in 48 the drugs will be out of your system, now you have till august to get physically healthy with vitamins, diet and exercise and begin a program of recovery,ANY kind of recovery program, shop around and try every resource available to you.like alot of us your problem isnt so much stopping,,its not starting again,
Helpful - 0
220248 tn?1204273389
have you read about the thomas reciepe? i read that u could not get any benzos, but u could buy some over the counter sleeping stuff like meloton or advil pm or somthing, and the rest at the heath food store
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Just so you know... writing in all caps.. some people in the online world consider that yelling.. though I would give you a heads up..
IF you taper correctly you should have minimal WD's.. tapering really dose give the body as well as the receptors in the brain a chance to adjust to lower doses there fore minimizing some of the WD when you do stop..  You will  probably still have some trouble sleeping, some anxiety, some tummy issues but they will be better than if you went off cold turkey..
Helpful - 0
216878 tn?1196037520
You might be making to much out of this, It's not that terrible. Ya you will miss the feeling you get with them, but that passes...The flu-like symptoms are just like having the flu, i am sure you had that before, right? It only lasts like 5 or 6 days...You will feel better after all that. Granted you will still have the cravings, but like i said it passes.

Don't let nothing scare you into NOT wanting to do this, Ok you get sick for a few days, have trouble sleeping, and have the cravings, but Gosh girl, it's so worth it...just make it past the first 5 -6 days. Alot of us here have done it, and so many are already into 30 something days, just seems like yesterday when they started, ask them now...They will all tell you it was well worth everything they went through.

I am not preaching to you, but i truely believe if you REALLY want to quit, then it can be done...It's the one's who are not sure they want to quit that fail. So in your heart if you HONESTLY want to be clean, then just tell yourself it is time and just do it...You only get one chance at life, don't waste it being scared and don't waste it by telling yourself that you don't think you can do this...Anything is possible in life - if you set your mind to it...Has to be your choice - nobody else can do it for you.

Just say "I AM GOING TO DO IT" Get rid of what pills you have (i know its hard) but it gets easier with each day that passes...

Good Luck to you - I really mean it

Love Hopeless
Helpful - 0
Its just like the flu.   We all have lived through that.  Remember, no pain, no gain.    Hope gave you great advice as did the other posters.

Best of all to you and I hope you stay with us.

tzt
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.